Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Link Belt 3400Q loose track

KC-135 Boomer ยท 2016-11-25 14:43

I just purchased a Link Belt 3400Q, one of the tracks is loose and I need to know how to tension it. I found the grease zerk on the tensioner, is it as simple as pumping it full of grease? I seem to remember some of them had a bolt you had to back out first? Thanks!

Replies1
  1. #1CatToy2016-11-25 15:12

    There are several good uTube videos on the LB 3400 out there, might Google for a video of how to tension the track. Next suggestion is to purchase a service manual, it will save you money. That being said, on my LB330, I swing the bucket to the side I wish to check and lift the track off the ground. On my 330, I believe the spec was around 12" between the track and the center bottom roller. If too loose, pump grease into the zerk on the tensioner. Yours may be different.