Need any help available... My 2800 quantum excavator (mid 90's) will only idle, the engine speed dial does not work. Manual throttle mode works sometimes, but only it. I have checked all wires for breaks, connectors etc, and am at a loss. Connections to driver, computer, switch all good. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. The clock says0000 on start, self check ch-3 just indicates electrical problem. Thanks...
Those throttle control motors were junk when they were new. Try disconnecting the motor from the throttle cable and make sure the cable will easily move the linkage on the fuel pump. I've seen lots of them freeze the cable and then burn out the motor.
I am having the same problem with a 5800. Just replaced with a brand new throttle motor. Cable moves freely but still no luck
John, if it were a cable issue wouldn't it cause a problem with the redundant (backup) throttle also?
I've been working on a 4300 Quantum log loader with the same basic issue. All the correct voltages to the controller and driver but no throttle dial response. Redundant (back up) throttle works most of the time but it occasionally doesn't work either. If the operator shakes the machine a few times the redundant starts to work but I've only seen the regular throttle working one time. It has to be a short somewhere but I've not found it yet. The machine only has a touch over 41,000 hours on it.
Good point. I was only suggesting the obvious things to check. Was that 41K done in the woods or the yard?
I have no idea, the former company name is on the door yet. I'll look when I see it next. That would be alot of hours for the woods but even so I'm sure it's been rebuilt a time or two.
Those machines got rebuilt one component at a time.