Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

link belt ls 98

Dirtdozer ยท 2010-04-19 22:52

This is the easy pack it up and go. I love this machine the cheapest operating cost ever made

Replies12
  1. #1Linkbelt HC2010-04-20 20:06

    Looks Great! Is your machine equipped with a manual gantry for the inner bail?

  2. #2Dirtdozer2010-04-20 21:08

    I wish it had the high gantry! Some times it has problems going back up after coming down in the negatives

  3. #3diggerdave19582010-04-23 12:33

    Nice job, Dirtdozer. How many yard bucket does she have on her 1 1/2 ??

  4. #4Dirtdozer2010-04-23 14:51

    yes sir, its a little big for it but it handles it well.

  5. #5Drag.liner2010-04-23 15:59

    Nice looking machine. The only thing better than a regular 98 is the pipeliner.

  6. #6Drag.liner2010-04-23 16:02

    Here are a couple pictures of mine.

  7. #7diggerdave19582010-04-23 16:10

    Nice Looking machine there Drag.liner looks like she has double grouser pads on ?? Did she come with thoses did u add them ???

  8. #8Buckethead2010-04-23 18:05

    Looks like an LS98PL "Pipeliner". They came from the factory like that and were intended for cross country pipeline work.

  9. #9diggerdave19582010-04-23 18:59

    Tks, Buckethead. I think i would like those pads alot better than the smooth ones most older draglines seem to have, would seem to me that on wet clay the smooth pads might just be a problem ???

  10. #10FWDtruckparts2010-05-12 22:45

    Those are Grousers right. They have a lubricated pin like on a Bulldozer. I have a NW model 6 that needs new track pins. I want to replace the cold rolled 1 3/8" pins with 1.5 pins. I think I will need a reamer. Does anyone know what type of a reamer to get and how much over 1.5 it needs to be? The pins are supposed to be hardened, but some one put cold rolled pins in my tracks.

  11. #11bigjohn43002014-11-07 21:49

    Well I was thinking that the 1.25 yd was the problem, but if y'all are using 1.5 yds and say it handles it fine, I guess I need to start looking for a problem, inhaul clutch slips really easy

  12. #12tmccutcheonweld2015-03-07 21:25

    I built a jig to ream the pads I went 20 thousands over size and used a big milwaukee mag drill