Turns out that all LS4300's aren't the same, and the LS4300Q cooler that we thought would solve our problem is not compatible; different mounting and tube orientations. So I'm still in need of a hydraulic oil cooler for our LS4300 CII. Our machine is a 1989 build Sumitomo with the Isuzu 6-cylinder turbo diesel with the A8V hydraulic pump. We haven't had luck yet with our radiator repair shop due to numerous tube leaks at the bottom near the lower tank. I've been trying to have them try with any clever means they might conjure up rather than giving up. In desperation I'm looking at perhaps using an epoxy and drawing a low vacuum on the tank to draw the sealant in. The cooler has been hot tanked several times and many of the more accessible leaks soldered or brazed shut, but the shop says that there are still six that are leaking and not easily accessible. It's a reputable shop and my thinking is that if they can't fix it then choices are limited to less obvious means, if any. I believe I saw a source for a new cooler at around $4000 which is absolutely a last choice for us and our small mining operation. Any leads would be most appreciated. BTW, Fraley's in Washington sold the one they had listed.-Thanks, -Tom
No replies yet.