Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

linkage unhooked on Case 580K Image attached

RHuddleston ยท 2020-04-14 13:10

New backhoe owner need a little help. Image attached. What is it? What does it do? Any reason it should be unattached? Thank you.

Replies16
  1. #1Tinkerer2020-04-14 14:23

    Welcome to HEF, Rick ! It is part of the swing sequence valve that controls the cushioning of the boom when swinging it far left and right. Item #A in the service manual page is the rod that is detached.

  2. #2RHuddleston2020-04-14 14:50
  3. #3Tinkerer2020-04-14 14:58

    If you are a participant of Ebay you can probably find a printed or downloadable .pdf version. Be careful that you get the correct one tho. Your tractor serial number dictates that. Technically speaking there is no series 1. The first ones are just 580K's. Then the series 2 and 3. Then there is a 580 Super K or 580SK. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=case+580k+manual&_sacat=0&_sop=15

  4. #4RHuddleston2020-04-14 16:09

    Thanks again Tinkerer My Case is I THINK a Phase 3 Serial or PIN number is JJG0027XXX

  5. #5mitch5042020-04-14 22:18

    Yep, serial number after JJG20000 is a phase 3, which is a SuperK, or 580SK. The easy way to tell is the 4-speed shifter comes up on the right fender on a SK. I was going to ask in your other thread if your serial number was really JJG20000, because that would be cool to own. btw, there is no phase 2 either. Just 580k, and 580k phase 3, or SuperK; weird, I know

  6. #6RHuddleston2020-04-14 22:43

    My serial number is actually JJG 20655 any way to know what year that is? So i need to order a manual for a Super K? Should my unit say Super K anywhere?

  7. #7mitch5042020-04-15 09:33

    without looking it up, '88 or '89, don't hold me to it. Year doesn't matter on equipment parts, serial number does. Some early ones didn't have SuperK stickers. JJG20000 and up is SuperK, your shifter does mount to right fender, not come through floor, right?

  8. #8RHuddleston2020-04-15 10:15

    Yes shifter is mounted on the Right fender. Has the Cummins Diesel engine. Where is a good sight to look up year information?

  9. #9jimg9842020-04-15 11:49

    TRACTORDATA.COM

  10. #10RHuddleston2020-04-15 13:11

    not finding backhoes on tractordata.com

  11. #11Welder Dave2020-04-15 13:50

    Tractordata isn't always correct.

  12. #12jimg9842020-04-15 15:52

    WELDER DAVE IS CORRECT, TRY THIS http://www.ssbtractor.com/wwwboard/view_all.cgi?bd=case&msg=5407

  13. #13Welder Dave2020-04-15 15:54

    Don't use all caps! It's considered yelling.

  14. #14jimg9842020-04-15 16:22

    Thank You Sir! You pull your wagon and I will pull mine, we get by in the lower states

  15. #15Tinkerer2020-04-15 19:49

    Ya, Mitch I go brain dead every so (too) often. I realized my mistake, but it was too late to edit my post.

  16. #16mitch5042020-04-15 20:31

    I don't know of a site, but I have a book, now I just have to remember to look it up when I am there.