Have a Link-belt 2800Q that has been damaged from a fire. A lot of the hoses were burnt off and its hard to figure out where they go. Most of the machine is fine. Have been trying to repair it with no luck and found a Case 9030B that seems to be a good deal. I know that the Case machine has the Cummins engine instead of the Isuzu but is the rest of the machine the same other than the engine? It would be a lot easier having a second machine to look at while repairing the Link-belt instead of trying to use the service manual. Thanks for any help.
They are very nearly identical from what I've been told on here, and in real life. I only ever owned Case, among them 2 9030Bs. I would still get the service manual. Sometimes they are showing pics with other components removed to get a better pic, you won't necessarily have that option looking at a complete machine.
From my understanding between the 2 machines, they were the same, with the exception of some of the wiring, and engine.
I've always found the Case manuals to be much more helpful than the Link-Belt. But having another machine right next door would be great if you can afford it.
I could be very wrong , I think Sumitomo made both machines .
You are correct, sumitomo is the manufacturer of both case and link belt excavators i know for sure of the cx series you can even change the start up screen from a case logo to link belt logo on the display screen.