Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Lippe 3 speed auxiliary

James Sorochan · 2023-02-15 17:07

Pulled this off the 1982 International 1724. It’s not stock. It was behind an Eaton FS6306 which I also took off. Not going back on. You can see the teeth on the sliding collar chipped pretty bad. The adjacent gear is a little rough looking also. Low looks good to me. Are these worth anything or is it only scrap metal ?

Replies7
  1. #1skyking12023-02-15 19:08

    what's the tag number on it? I used to have a list of the ratios for those. Some old school guys like them. I was going to install a brownie a few years back and kicked it around. If you're not ham-handed like the guy who was ramma-jamming that one, you can get a lot out of a smaller engine with one.

  2. #2Junkyard2023-02-15 19:31

    Not worth a ton because most trucks these days make way more torque than they’ll handle at any kind of gross weight. In a smaller truck it’ll live ok. Just get yourself into the habit of making sure you start out in direct or low, never OD. Assuming that one has a ratio that’s OD. I’ve seen some that were two lows and a direct. My first haul truck had a 6v92, 13 and a 3 speed brownie. Those were the days!

  3. #3JaredV2023-02-15 21:25

    You likely won't find a buyer instantly but if it's something that would work in a pickup, someone will want it eventually. I think you could get 3-5 hundred bucks. Make sure the shifter goes with it and whatever mounts/brackets/crossmembers the truck doesn't need are good to include, too. They may not be usable for the next guy but if they are, that's a bonus for him.

  4. #4James Sorochan2023-02-15 21:44

    Maybe I could throw it in with the Eaton as an added bonus. I might need the disk brake on the back if the next tranny doesn’t have one.

  5. #5Old Doug2023-02-16 07:43

    I looked for and bought a c70 chevy with just a 5 speed so later i could find one for it but now i wish i would have just found a truck with a 5 and 2 speed. Its funny how a guys wants ,needs and plans change.

  6. #6gwhammy2023-02-16 09:17

    I almost bought one for the one ton I put together but really don't need it. We had a two speed we put in a 6.9 truck but it was so noisy you couldn't stand it. I'm guessing even a warmed up 5.9 might be to much for the small ones. They intrigue me but I'm fascinated by shiny things no one wants.

  7. #7skyking12023-02-16 10:35

    ^ That is exactly where I was at! I had a P-pump truck and wanted to put that behind the 47RE automatic. Shiny things, warmed up 5.9, uncanny resemblance there Whammy. I found the common rail with 6 to row. I put in tall gears and have 2wd low to fall down to in the crawl. I'm good now, cured of shiny things.