Hey guys new to the forum got some question n looking maybe for some help with info on dozer, My father just bought a Case 1150 crawler/dozer last weekend. Picked it up for $4500 with delivery included from hour away where he lives. Good deal? The guy he got it from isn't to sure on what year the machine is, he is thinking its somewhere in the 70's? My father grew up on a farm so has some experience with tractors and some equipment. We have international backhoe now and 2 Ford tractors. The dozer runs well and everything works besides on left side the steering clutches need to be done, apparently the guy who owned it before had right side clutches done by case but decided not to have job finished because was so $$$ for other side which didn't make much sense to us. The dozer does still steer both way but struggles to the one side. We plan on doing the clutch pack right away and drain all the fluids n change filters before anything. Anyone with some good experience with the 1150s or case dozers that could relay some more info or maybe tell us what year think it actually is by the picture? only one have for now. I did just order a 930 page 1150 service manual off ebay today so we have some reference while doing everything. Anything else we should look out for or do while doing the service to machine? Any input appreciated, Thanks in advance!
injection pump on right side is older 60s engine. B series beginning in 1970 pump on left side with exhaust and water. Right side only air intake. Check trans pressure on gauge to see if same when different sides engaged, might have piston seal blown.
A serial number will help us to give more precise advice..... should start 710... or 711...
I understand this is an older thread. If OPs are still using and have content, that would be greatly appreciated. I just purchased one of these myself. I have issues finding parts and knowing what one is correct. Mine has the fuel injector pump on the right side with starter and fuel filters also. The tag shows D1150 I think Case made a loader and Blade crawler version of this. I have no idea the year, nor did the seller. My SN the dealer said he could not lookup. If anyone has a resource mine on a tag on the Left side (sitting on the seat my left) and 7108684. - I would love it if anyone had a PDF version of the manual. I would like to find service and parts manual. I have CAT 3126 Marine and Case 580K and C full manuals. I would trade if anyone needs? I went to Case website and the filters do not match the battery lid sheet. Though I have both spin on fuel and paper cartg oil and that seems like a mix of newer and older styles?