Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Little road job

Jakebreak · 2018-11-25 18:35

Started this easement road access for a friend got one hill cut down and started working on the other one til I ran out of diesel today

Replies25
  1. #1petepilot2018-11-25 19:30

    dry dirt to work with at least

  2. #2Junkyard2018-11-25 19:34

    A little cut and fill. Looks good

  3. #3Jakebreak2018-11-25 19:53

    Yeah it’s a little dry Pete I had a good misty rain most of the day yesterday to get some moisture in no rain today their calling for more rain next weekend I will track the sides of the fill in to tighten it up thanks junkyard that tranny has been doing good the hottest it has gotten up to is 210 but it’s stays around 180

  4. #4CM19952018-12-03 21:20

    Nice Jakebreak. That dirt looks like a dream to grade..

  5. #5Jakebreak2018-12-03 22:59

    Thanks cm it’s got some decomposed granite in it and some other material it will get hard with with enough water on it

  6. #6Jakebreak2018-12-03 23:03

    Here’s some pictures from the 2 hill I did on Saturday

  7. #7petepilot2018-12-03 23:06

    if that were here right now you could`nt drive through it

  8. #8Jakebreak2018-12-03 23:06

    Here’s the 3 one I started on Sunday I didn’t quite get it done I got to talk the owner and see what’s going on the dirt isn’t balancing out on this last one I had 3.5 ft to 2.5 ft of cut and 6-7ft of fills I’m coming up short

  9. #9Jakebreak2018-12-03 23:08

    I bet we got 3/4” of rain over 3 days and a little bit Saturday night got more this week coming it was slick in some spots on Saturday I spun the truck out going up a hill

  10. #10Shimmy12018-12-04 00:03

    Why wouldn't you?

  11. #11Jakebreak2018-12-04 08:39

    The road goes out another 100’ then it stops bout where that green patch is if I can get away with it I might cut the fill down and see if I can stretch it

  12. #12petepilot2018-12-04 18:23

    we have had so much rain this year we have a foot & half of undisturbed mud

  13. #13Shimmy12018-12-04 19:56

    What I meant was if you are trying to fill 6' while only cutting 2.5', obviously you're going to be short of dirt, unless you're cutting 3 times wider and deeper than your fill. And by your pics that doesn't appear to be the case.

  14. #14Jakebreak2018-12-04 20:18

    I was thinking that’s what you meant shimmy yeah it’s not adding up either he’s going to have to bring dirt in or let cut some fill and see if I can stretch it I don’t know if it will make all we’re trying to do is get the incline down below 15% grade for an easement that runs through there I enjoy seeing your work from your thread you do good work

  15. #15Shimmy12018-12-04 20:24

    Thanks. That looks like a pretty fun job. Is that 5 diff-steer?

  16. #16Jakebreak2018-12-04 23:40

    Yes it is diff steer I love it it can move some dirt I just need to get the lights working on it

  17. #17Jakebreak2018-12-10 23:13

    I got the last one done they had me cut the fill down to 5’ at the deepest part we shall see what the surveyor says and see if it’s below 15% I picked up another job next door doing a roping arena pad

  18. #18Jakebreak2018-12-18 20:33

    I got it slicked off with a blade on Saturday I was about 4-8” fat on my cuts not to bad for using a eye level and a engineers ruler the one I was short on dirt on I squeaked it in at 14.5% not to bad

  19. #19petepilot2018-12-18 21:08

    that last pic. looks a little like I-40 across n,m.

  20. #20Jakebreak2018-12-21 08:10

    Yup I went out there the other day to pick up my grade stakes and the cows already marked up the slopes

  21. #21Jakebreak2019-02-01 17:50

    Got the road done awhile back and the neighbor next door had me build a 100’x200’ roping arena pad did that in one day

  22. #22Welder Dave2019-02-02 14:56

    We're you doing some of the work with a skid steer?

  23. #23Jakebreak2019-02-02 17:00

    No I did it all with a blade I wish I would of had a scraper to help out it would of made it easier

  24. #24Welder Dave2019-02-02 22:45

    Some of the tire tracks looked like they could have been from a skid steer.

  25. #25Jakebreak2019-02-03 14:22

    yeah the tires on that 140g aren't that big and their not a radial tire your flat track looks good from the pictures I saw of it I used to race a little flat track on my quad out here for a little bit it was fun