My 87 680k case's loader is making kind of a scratchy sound only when idling and only when dumping, no noise rpm's go up and no sound scooping. Greased all points. ??? Functions just fine even with sound. Anyone? And I have found a small leak from one of the boom's hoses, how concerned should I be about that? Thanks
Hydrolic Filter light comes on.
Change the filter, look for any resistance to movement in the cylinders, may have one trying to lock up internally. Does the bucket frame twist at all when moving the function that is noisy?
Miller, thanks for responding. No problem with bucket frame. All is super smooth except dumping, and even that is smooth visually. I really need to use it his next week but I don't want to cause any damage.
Could be a bushing/pin that is already damaged, if it isn't binding may stay working without getting into all the pins to find it while just being noisy. Just keep an eye on the lift arms and bucket supports as you use it, small changes in geometry while lifting/dumping could ID the problem point faster. Also look where the mast/joints connections are, could be a slight twist in a pin boss and you just are not picking it out, maybe also look for a impact spot where someone may have made a contact with solid object but it deflected too little to be recognized right away, pin bosses on buckets are very susceptible to that.
Try putting some penetrating oil down the anti-rollback tube and rod assembly.
Right on. I will proceed with advice. Worse case situation if I put 8 to 16 hours on her? I do really want to some light scraping and dumping before the weather turns without damaging anything.