Have a Case 621B loader and it has 20.5-25 tires on it. I have 2 new sets of tires but not that size. I have a set of 17.5-25 which I have also seen on this size of loader and I have a set of 23.5-25 tires. Will either size of these tires fit on the current rims. Tires currently on are Michelin but have lots of tread and case age cracking and the others are new tires. would like to fit the larger ones if I could. Have lots of clearance to fenders.
Check with the dealer to see if the wider tires have the same part number on the rim as the current tires. It used to be common on log skidders to cut the rim add add in a ribbon of steel to widen the rims for bigger tires.
I replaced 20.5 x 25 's with 23.5 x 25's on our L90e volvo . If the rims are correct width for the 20.5's then the wider tires should pose no problem on the same rims . From new the first 2 sets of Michelin 20.5's did around 3K hours eack . The first set of Bridgestone 23.5's did 10 or 12 K on similar work . On the second set of 23's now (Eaolous or something like it) but we dont have near as much work for it and for silage work we fir 28 x 26 ag tires . We have had axle trouble both front and rear and I am sure the taller tires contributed . But as dear as volvo parts , we still saved a lot of money by going big . sorry for dragging on
Thanks for the response. Will probably install the 23.5s. Going to wear off the 20.5s some more and get used to operating machine.
the 23.5's will seat a lot easier when compared to the 17.5's On our 644E we have two different width rims, narrow and wide, put the narrow ones on the front for no real specific reason.
One of the buckets , a pin on that I converted to suit the quick hitch doesnt sit flat on the ground anymore .