Anyone here buy tires for 20.5-25? I had a salesman from a tire company quote me $6300 a tire. I can get them through my regular tire guy for $1750 installed. Something sounded fishy there?
I'll sell you all you want at 5 grand a tire!!!
Come on Joe, get rid of the smiley, we can make some quick cash. Sounds like the salesman is trying to pull a fast one.
A buddy of mine needed a crane tire, bigger than a loader but not sure of the size, he got a quote of $10,200 he got one for $2500. Ridiculous how people try and cash in on something like that. I could see charging $3000, but not an extra $7500
Air tires are one thing. Wait until you start getting around foam filled, and solid rubber tires. I work for a demo company. All our tires are filled or solid. The foam filled can be a pain, because you cant switch just one tire, you have to do that in pairs. Its not something that can be done in the field, they have to take both tires. When it was time for new tires, the tire man would be there friday afternoon, and wouldnt be back until monday around noon. And if you need it in a pinch, good luck, I think our tires for 950 size machine were 6-7k a piece.
What kind of crane? A competitor of ours was bragging about the smoking deal he got on a new set of tires for a 40 ton rough terrainer. That is until the Crane Certifier red tagged his crane for having the improper tires on it. If its capable of pick and carry it has to have the proper tires on it. He's now trying to make someone a smoking deal on a set of tires.
http://cgi.ebay.com/20-5x25-E3-L3-L...-PLY-TIRE_W0QQitemZ360021366438QQcmdZViewItem
A Tadano 65 ton all terrain truck crane. I've got an older RT745 Grove in my yard. I can only imagine how much those tires will cost.
Did I forget to mention that I'll deliver to your door for the five grand?
Mike pete's tire barn is a good place for any and all tires. They are in gardner, orange and else where. Give them a try.
What kind of tires are you replacing?...If you are replacing radials, the cheaper tires are almost gauranteed to be bias ply. You even have to check and make sure on new equipment these days if the tires are bias or radial. I couldve got a new Cat 950H with bias ply for almost 12,000 less than with michelin radials. I have one 950 now with bridgestone radials on it, still not as good a tire as the michelins, but a lot nicer than a bias ply. For our application anyway. Just watch what you buy, and make sure its what you're expecting I guess.
we had 4 new 20.5-25's put on our 544g last spring, 16 ply titans. tires/tax/mounting, $3900 for all 4.
Tires 20.5x25 20 ply import bias $633 Radial, 2 star rating $1484 Free freight with 1000 pound order Jeff at Tyres International 800 282 5998 OHIO