Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

location of hand pattern control changers on all machines. please list here

planetshapers · 2011-02-18 06:40

hey there. i thought it might be a good idea to list the location of hand pattern control changers in a central location. i have been helping a large construction company part time because my business is slow and they have a gazillion pieces of equipment. getting off one machine and on another has become awkward due to the various hand patterns of each machine. i would really like to know where to find the hand pattern control changer on komatsu excavators sized pc200 and above??? cat 420d: standing at rear, behind the left rear tire and inner fender/frame wall. uses a 13 or 15 mm wrench to loosen safety lock. cat 320c and other excavators: standing at rear, operators side, cab side, left, back door. inside and down to left. loosen a safety bolt with a 13 or 14 mm socket to turn valve. new volvo ec48 r mini excavator: behind right hand elbow as if sitting in seat, on back dash panel, behind plastic cover. uses a wingnut to loosen safety lock. takeuchi mini excavators, under floor mat. kubota mini excavators, usually a small up and down stubby lever on panel below right knee as if sitting in seat.

Replies48
  1. #1tootalltimmy2011-02-18 11:27

    Case CX135: Under floor mat John Deere 50D: Locking door under the seat

  2. #2CRAFT2011-02-18 14:41

    Was looking to buy a zero swinging Pc200LC a few yrs ago and it was located exactly the same place as the Cat I wound up with ..... that location was right behind the cab service door on the operators side of the machine .... as mentioned before you will require a wrench ...... also on the Pc's, they have been known to have a 3 position pattern changer ...... ISO-----SAE----- and some frigg'n Asian whatchamacallit pattern ....... Talk about a scary pattern....WOW ....LOL ....BE VERY CAREFUL ! .... BC puts their pattern changer behind your right rear heel when sitting in the op's seat .... My 312 Cat I installed a totally electrically switched changer, I mounted the rocker switch behind the op's right arm rest out of harms way ...... Have Fun !

  3. #3jmoreland2011-03-08 09:15

    John Deere 160 behind operators cab inside door. Gehl mini under cab some machines require you to remove cover plate to access pattern changer.

  4. #4xcv8tr72011-03-08 10:56

    CAT 307C SB..... under floor mat. Lever turns from SAE to ISO. I started out on deere controls then learned cat. I tried to run deere one day and couldn't do it now!

  5. #5GCC2011-03-08 16:02

    Behind the boom on a big block lol gotta switch 4 lines around lol 1995 Hitachi ex300lc-3 lol

  6. #6LT-x72014-09-09 18:46

    Bumping an old thread for more info on the subject. Anyone know where Kobelco pattern changers are located? I've got a rental Kobelco 170 showing up in a couple days and I'm a ISO guy

  7. #7mitch5042014-09-09 20:30

    On about a 2006 or so Kobelco 160, it was inside one of the doors behind the cab door, I think it was the rear one where the radiator was, but it could have been the one right behind the cab. It was on the wall, and took no tools to change. I was on a job with one where a couple of us kept switching on and off of it. It seems like once or twice a day, some laborer or truckdriver would switch it over just for fun. Thankfully, it was a big open site. By the end of that job, the other operator and I would just crank it up, wiggle the sticks, and load trucks no matter which pattern it was on.

  8. #8stumpjumper832014-09-09 22:04

    Not all takeuchi are under the floor mat, my 053fr its right behind your heels when your setting in the seat.

  9. #9CM19952014-09-09 22:16

    Old thread but good info none the less. Some of the newer Cats have electronically controlled pattern changers accessed via the monitor. The 314DL I have on "loan" is configured this way. Also rented a 319DL that was the same way. The 316EL, also on "loan", was under the floor mat in the cab. My 321DL is accessed through a small door under the cab, the 321CL's is under the floor mat. 315CL is in the side door on the operators side, same with the 325DL. On some Bobcat mini's it's located directly below the right hand joystick.

  10. #10Reidler2014-12-14 02:56

    On my bobcat 323 mini it's located right below your left elbow if your sitting in the seat. I believe on the hitachi 200's you need to manually change lines, well on the of ones anyway...

  11. #11JGibson2014-12-14 10:18

    Takeuchi TB135: Below the floor panel, lift up the rubber mat, then open the metal hatch and it is the switch right there. Bobcat 335 has it in the back right corner of the cab.

  12. #12Reidler2014-12-15 12:08

    Oops, posting mistake there, sorry. Last sentence is supposed to read "on the older ones anyway". Cant seem to edit the original post so here's the fix.

  13. #13bangon612015-05-30 17:49

    1999 tak tb025 is just under the right hand side door.remove the plate and there it is

  14. #14CM19952015-05-30 19:24

    Cat 312EL, under the floor mat. There's a metal plate that lifts out and the changer is underneath.

  15. #15Shimmy12015-05-30 21:56

    Case CX210B and C Behind the cab access door on the left side there is a cover like a floor plate with 2 wing bolts. Remove the bolts and cover and there it is. Volvo EC55C Lift the front left corner of floor mat and there is a little cover held by a thumbscrew. JCB JS220 Behind the seat, under the center access cover there is a rocker switch. There is a procedure to switch it, but I don't remember exactly what it is.

  16. #16StumpyWally2015-06-06 13:25

    2005 New Holland EH80cs/Kobelco sk80cs ISO/SAE pattern changer is under the fuel tank/hydraulic tank access cover on the left side, at the back of the compartment, a rotary multi-control valve.

  17. #17cxman2015-06-28 15:59

    does any one know what fitting are on the pilot system on a case cx 210 trying to put selecter valve on but cant find out fittings are the metric or bpt

  18. #18Smokey512015-06-28 16:07

    how about e70b cat can it be changed if so where is it hiding Thanks

  19. #19kcpner2016-06-30 19:47

    Anyone know if and where you can change the pattern controls on a 1998 Bobcat 325 excavators?

  20. #20CM19952016-06-30 21:09

    Welcome to the Forums kcpner!:drinkup I had a 2001 Bobcat 334 and the pattern changer was a metal lever under the seat that switched between backhoe and excavator controls, well not under the seat literally but on one of the metal covers under the seat. I think it was on the right hand side if you were sitting on the seat. It's been a while since I sold it but take a look.

  21. #21WBC2016-10-03 11:40

    Anyone know if a 2001 kobelco Ed 180 bladerunner has a control pattern changer on it anywhere?? If not, how much of a job is it to switch lines or hoses?? Thanks

  22. #22hammerdwn202016-10-28 15:30

    how about on a Cat 325f?

  23. #23CM19952016-10-28 18:19

    It's probably an electronic one using the control panel. Play around with the panel there is a function in the panel to switch operating modes on many of the new Cat excavators.

  24. #24Bluoval2017-03-11 00:05

    Anybody know where to change patterns on a cat 375l? Thanks

  25. #25Shimmy12017-03-11 02:03

    If it's not a B, C, D, etc, it probably does not have a pattern changer.

  26. #26Bluoval2017-03-11 09:39

    That's what I figured, I couldn't find anything online about one for it. Thanks

  27. #27BlackDog2017-05-08 17:07

    Just picked up a TB145 and there is no pattern selector under the floor. Any ideas where it might be?

  28. #28Riz2020-03-31 03:48

    Where is control pattern changer in cat320d?? Kindly help. 2012 model. Its not in the battery side.

  29. #29Robertt882020-09-28 13:02

    Does the cat 335f have control pattern change equipped

  30. #30John C.2020-09-28 17:21

    If it has one, it is software controlled and changed in the monitor panel displays.

  31. #31Robertt882020-09-28 18:30

    It’s under the floor panel by the door I found out if anyone else needs to know

  32. #32OTG AuGres2020-09-28 19:31

    Bobcat e42. Inside hinged storage compartment under seat.

  33. #33JDCrow2020-09-29 06:11

    Anyone ever add one?

  34. #34Shimmy12023-12-10 21:02

    Bump

  35. #35cbritt9272024-02-04 16:58

    Pattern Control changer on Deere 135g? Looked everywhere. There is a sticker on the window but I don't think I got it on this used machine. (2017 135G) I beleive the control block is in the front right of the machine (sitting in the cab). Looks like I'll have to do it manual.

  36. #36Shimmy12024-02-04 17:54
  37. #37cbritt9272024-02-04 18:14

    Yeah I don't have anything that resembles that. I have a quick coupler mounted there. See pic. THe 2nd pic is the valve block that I think I need to swap A-D B-C? Not sure.. There are a couple valves on ebay ( https://www.ebay.com/itm/275363250358?hash=item401cedc0b6:g:6HoAAOSw~OdVVnGK&amdata=enc:AQAIAAAA4KRNmQqfF6FzSx5jD8v5zCDa2rgVIqTmVCMyGSJC10Aoc5LPDqvQFn+bKVNnft2T376+vtRNFamG292Pfio7U85pr36Z8tGv3KJjq6fENaA8PciBvMdGeI/OhYF1Wt3lHOGTXRZelOX6txkJ6UlRthDUO2Zl35qxklU0wzOzo6wZ29AA0yKR57MrQV0Zg08iAnRi1ZOWaSX/H+7d6FDRM7EUIjLGwldR6culUXj1Putvv+a19e6wcZhDhfUisXIwtgJP/KIeiFUqssZDJfhcbzSTCPVLJDZtPKooF+aB9RQV|tkp:Bk9SR9ThxeKuYw ) but they just go A->B C->D..

  38. #38CM19952024-02-04 18:29

    Surprised a 2017 135G doesn't have a pattern changer. About every newer model trackhoe comes with one either manual or electronic. Assume you've looked through the monitor?

  39. #39cbritt9272024-02-04 18:39

    @CM1995 Right? I'm just getting to know the monitor but we checked it out pretty good. All the youtube videos say the G's are a manual switch.... They are in different locations but still the same concept. I've been everywhere on this thing..... I did confirm it's an option. I'm calling the original dealer tomorrow to see if they know. Even my 2010 JD 310 hoe has a button to change. lol

  40. #40CM19952024-02-04 18:40

    The dealer should be able to run the VIN and get a build sheet.

  41. #41Shimmy12024-02-04 19:26

    I would look a little harder. Find the main valve body, track the pilot lines all the way to the cab. Some machines are sneaky. Under a plate in the floor, under the seat, Case hides them under a cover behind the cab. You wouldn't think they would put them in illogical places, but they do.

  42. #42motionclone2024-02-04 20:38

    Bobcat 337 pattern changer lever under the seat Cat 305E2 pattern changer is a menu selection on the Monitor

  43. #43CM19952024-02-04 20:39

    Cat 325 Next Gen is in the tablet/monitor.

  44. #444bz2024-02-05 00:17

    Hitachi ZX55UR next to the battery in the engine compartment.

  45. #45Rocky41552025-03-23 08:40

    Anyone know where it would be on 2011 case cx55

  46. #46Gary Layton2025-03-23 10:20

    I googled "2011 case cx55 pattern changer location" AI says, "On a 2011 Case CX55 excavator, the pattern changer (for switching between ISO and SAE control patterns) is located underneath the operator seat, in a box that needs to be unlocked with a key. Here's a more detailed explanation: Location: The pattern control changer is situated beneath the operator's seat, often in a box or compartment. Access: You'll need to unlock the box using a key provided with the excavator. Operation: Once the box is unlocked, you'll find a lever that needs to be unscrewed to switch between the ISO and SAE control patterns. Purpose: This switch allows the operator to change the way the joystick controls the excavator's movements, from the standard ISO pattern (where the left joystick controls the boom and stick, and the right controls the bucket and swing) to the SAE pattern (where the left joystick controls the boom and bucket, and the right controls the stick and swing)."

  47. #47Rocky41552025-03-23 13:36

    Haha I tried Google too……unfortunately the only thing under the seat is the hour meter, no box and certainly nothing to open with a key haha……..was hoping someone who had one, or used one could tell me

  48. #48Gary Layton2025-03-23 15:41

    Somebody probably knows...keep on waiting.