Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Locking fuel-hydraulic caps?

WBC ยท 2014-03-26 10:04

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I was wondering if anyone knew of a good place to purchase a locking fuel cap and hydraulic cap for a d5h besides the cat store??? They both are the "screw on" type

Replies21
  1. #1d9gdon2014-03-26 13:42

    Try an equipment wrecking yard: http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...ETID=3&Manu=CATERPILLAR&Mdltxt=D5H&mdlx=exact Your Cat dealer may have a Used Parts division as well.

  2. #2Saddleup2014-03-26 23:04

    You might just watch ebay i got differnt caps from there a few times..good luck

  3. #3WBC2014-03-29 10:39

    Does anyone have part #'s for locking fuel and hydraulic caps for my machine. Serial # 8RC04098. Both caps screw on threads. I'd like to have original equip.

  4. #4kshansen2014-03-29 20:17

    Fuel Cap: Hyd. Tank Cap: And a Bonus, Trans. filler:

  5. #5WBC2014-03-30 09:44

    Thank you so much kshansen

  6. #6WBC2014-04-03 08:22

    I got these caps in the mail from the place I ordered them and the hyd cap is a 3 1/2" cap instead of just a 3". It's the exact style I want except it's too big. Do you have a part number for the same exact cap in a 3"???

  7. #7WBC2014-04-05 08:06

    Nobody????

  8. #8oldirt2014-04-07 11:40

    here is a number for a D6D locker.. I do not know if it is a 3", I have never measured it. 9g6082. have you called cat for what you need?

  9. #9kshansen2014-04-07 17:34

    WBC, Any chance there is a part number on the non'locking cap? Cat usually casts the part number in the top of the caps. That might give me something to start from in finding a locking version. I looked in my older Cat "One Safe Source" catalogs but could not find any listings by size. I will do my best to help find the info you need, I like a challenge!

  10. #10WBC2014-04-07 18:51

    I think there is, I'll try and get it tomorrow.

  11. #11WBC2014-04-08 16:15

    7H1447 is the non-locking cap

  12. #12Deeretracks2014-04-08 16:38

    Any chance they shipped you the wrong one? Everything I show has the 5D-1911 as the correct one. That's what's on our D4G. I even searched the NPR for that number a nothing odd came up.

  13. #13WBC2014-04-08 17:04

    They sent me the 5d-1911 but it's too big. I've ran into a lot of strange part #'s on this tractor????? The 7h1447 is what's on it now but it doesn't lock. Serial # to tractor is 8RC04098-1995 d5h series 2

  14. #14Deeretracks2014-04-08 18:44

    Yeah, I looked your machine up by serial # and it does show the 7H1447 as the standard cap and 5d1911 as the only available option for a locking hyd cap. Next time I'm around our D4 I'll measure the threads.

  15. #15kshansen2014-04-09 06:45

    Maybe this will help. Did some searching on the 7H1447 cap number and find this: Your cap number is item #2 And then linked it to: Looks like you should be able to reuse your cap and just buy the locking cover to go over it.

  16. #16WBC2014-04-09 20:24

    Thanks! I just hope they send the right size. They should if I tell them that 7H1447. Thanks again

  17. #17WBC2014-04-09 22:42

    Since I got you right here, can you get a part # for an idler for the same tractor? I call them idler's but I dnt know what everybody else does. The round things on front and back on a high track fram and just one on front of each side on straight track frames

  18. #18kshansen2014-04-10 19:55

    How does this look?

  19. #19WBC2014-04-10 20:03

    Yes. That's for my tractor?

  20. #20kshansen2014-04-11 08:24

    That's what comes up when I look on SIS for Serial # 8RC04098

  21. #21WBC2014-04-11 17:03

    Ok. Thanks