Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Log books

watglen ยท 2013-01-24 06:44

I'm having a hard time locating a supplier of Equipment log books for the excavator, dozers etc. Where do you get these? In Ontario preferably... Ken

Replies5
  1. #1Greg2013-01-25 15:19

    I made my own with a spread sheet on computer. That allows me to put in hours and costs both on a daily basis.

  2. #2watglen2013-01-25 20:33

    Hey Greg, Could i get a look at that? I just want to have an idea how its done in the industry. Ken

  3. #3gravelwasher2013-01-25 22:06

    I use an excel sheet for equipment log books. They have to be filled out and turned in daily and if it's not done they get paid minimum wage for that day. It only takes a few minutes a day to fill it out. The one side ask stuff like operator, machine, start / end hours, start / end miles, fuel / oil they use, start / end fuel level, equipment issues, start / end day inspection, what they claim (work) they did, and I know it asks more. There are 3 sets for when they switch machines during the day. The back side the log what they were doing and for how long. This helps to track down time so I can help fix the issues. Depending on what they are driving they also have to fill out the DOT logs and turn them in. Most of the info gets logged into SQL. The info gets used for insurance, taxes, and everything else.

  4. #4TrentNz2013-01-26 20:23

    we do ours weekly.

  5. #5BobCatMan2013-01-31 10:21

    http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/bobcat-tractors/160717-ct225-maintenance-log-printable.html This is on another forum,check the two pdf's out,watglen (done with a google search....)