Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Log it? nah….. CRUSH EM !!!!!!!

Partsdude ยท 2008-08-07 17:11

Crazy piece of gear in this link. Good ol' R.G LeTourneau. http://www.mackenziechamber.bc.ca/tree_crusher.htm

Replies10
  1. #1curly2008-08-07 20:07

    I wonder how hard it would be to get a permit for that......

  2. #2HeyUvaVT2008-08-08 08:01

    whoa whoa we wow!

  3. #3Sharky2008-08-10 17:00

    Looks like a mauler! I would hate to sink it in the muskegs, Might have been a permanent home for it. I wonder if there was only 1 ever made?

  4. #4biggixxerjim2008-08-28 23:30

    VERY impressive

  5. #5stretch2008-08-29 15:19

    Nah, it was one-off deal. I still wonder how well it actually worked...anybody know that one? :beatsme

  6. #6oisinirish2008-08-29 15:29

    Cheese and Rice that's one way to clear. Wonder what it leaves for cleanup. Shreds?

  7. #7Hammer 992008-09-26 14:50

    That's HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Probably shreds, yes

  8. #8Taylortractornu2008-10-22 00:59

    I have actually gotten to walk around behind one of the LeTOurneau tree crushers. A timber company had one barrowed on a prep job it just shredded the stuff. I have some pics of an old 518Feller buncher we converted to a landfill compactor on here somewhere. I had to removes a section of 4inch by 10 foot pines into a new cell. I just ran them over and walked them in, chopped it up into 6 inch lengths and dried fast.

  9. #9ForestDan2008-11-05 22:13

    Holy Moly! I'd hate to get that fuel bill! Visibility must stink, too.

  10. #10snowpeke2010-01-04 14:35

    Must be a bitch to get permits to haul it to the job!