Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Lonely forum

CM1995 · 2007-03-04 20:31

I don't have a dedicated tool carrier but I do run skid steers and a 420DIT. I like the versatility of changing from bucket to forks to sweeper to auger to trencher, etc. Just thought this forum needed at least one post.

Replies25
  1. #1Lashlander2007-03-05 01:05

    Isn't that what a tool carrier is? Your right, this forum needed some action.

  2. #2Squizzy246B2007-03-05 01:21

    Well check this out: An IT14 for $99K but it sure looks like a great deal...seeing as thats a 950G if I'm not mistaken http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...5606324&guid=D9490D0B5A32423D891EDDCC34F6D2A9

  3. #3Countryboy2007-03-05 01:37

    Does this count as a tool carrier?

  4. #4Lashlander2007-03-05 01:51

    Better grab that before they discover whats going on. Yep, that qualifies.

  5. #5Squizzy246B2007-03-05 03:36

    Nawww...thats for Sissys This whats you need BucketBoss Extreme Gear 55035 Mullet Buster Tool Belt Crikey....Mullet Buster??

  6. #6Countryboy2007-03-05 19:58

    I just picked the first one that came up on Google........Ya always gotta be better don't ya....... Why didn't you post a picture of your belt Squizzy. :bouncegri Here, I'll do it for ya: link

  7. #7CM19952007-03-05 20:18

    Squizzy - do you have the underwear to match:spongebob !:lmao

  8. #8Lashlander2007-03-05 22:08

    Good Lord!:jawdrop

  9. #9wrenchbender2007-03-05 22:12

    Sometimes you can post to much info so please don't reply to that question Squizzy we really don't want to know!

  10. #10Squizzy246B2007-03-06 01:47

    :naughty :naughty :naughty I think its just a lovely pink don't you? Can you get one in Chiffon...No problem though...I quite prefer the leather one On a more serious note...is there any Volvo L50E owners out there....I am actually interested in a compact loader sometime down the track and I like what I'm hearing about Wolvos . Haven't had a chance to run a current model 914 or IT14. We did run a 908 and found it a good little machine but too light for what we want. ( well that about screws my hijackery reputation) :Banghead

  11. #11Squizzy246B2007-03-06 01:49

    Nothing is worn under my tool kilt...its all in perfect working order

  12. #12Grader4me2007-03-06 05:48

    :Banghead You just couldn't walk away from it could you :spaz

  13. #13Squizzy246B2007-03-06 06:19

    Nope :deadhorse :falldownlaugh :umno

  14. #14CM19952007-03-06 09:01

    Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.:bouncegri :lmao :woohoo Seriously - I have a 420DIT and it works pretty well with the quick coupler on front, plus you get the backhoe on the other end. If that would be heavy enough for your application it may be an option. later, cm:drinkup

  15. #15Lashlander2007-03-06 09:19

    I'm not sure if you'll ever be able to bring this one back on topic. I wish you luck.

  16. #16CM19952007-03-06 10:32

    With this being the first thread in this lonely forum you get what you can get- beggars can't be choosers.:dizzy

  17. #17Dozerboy2007-03-06 21:52

    I ran a TC a while back a scraper got stuck I gave him a push and bent the crap out of it never been on one since. Not that it hurts my feeling.

  18. #18CM19952007-03-11 21:30

    Anybody have any experience with a track loader that has a quick coupler? I would like to add one to my loader to change from a bucket to real forks. Right now we use the hang on bucket forks and they work ok but a real set of forks would work much better.

  19. #19hvy 1ton2007-03-11 23:34

    Since your interested in the 953D, I was told by one of my friends that a quick-coupler is going to be a factory option. I think he said that his will be getting one, so he can switch a mp bucket with a demo grapple or something like that.

  20. #20CM19952007-03-12 00:20

    Very interesting.

  21. #21MKTEF2007-04-09 12:47

    Toolcarrier Seem to be a find spot to promote Volvo. We've got a lot of Volvo L50 C and D for the smal jobs by us. Quickcoupler and the folowing tools: - GP Bucket - Snow bucket - Snow blower. Øveråsen Mini spinn. - Forks with both spreader and sideshift. - Mine-drill - Lifting boom - Sandbag filler bucket Its a nice loader that can be used for everything. Its even big enough to load a dump truck.(Not the most effective..) The new F models will be even better than the old ones. And ceep away from the C models, we've had som engineproblems. We use it primarely to handle amunition with the forks. Ours also has a demountable cabin, so it can be shiped in the C130 Hercules. It runs and runs everyday for all the smal jobs.

  22. #22equipment fan2007-04-09 14:15

    mktef,do you have a f series volvo loader in your fleet???The new volvo f-series looks like a good toolcarrier ant the new cat it62h too.

  23. #23MKTEF2007-04-09 16:26

    F series Hello again No i dont have one yet, i have only tried one at a demo day with a Volvo instructor. We have plans to buy som loaders, but it wont be untill next year. Both the users(my batalion) and the logistic dep has to much to do with all the new equipment. We are testing and evaluating this year to be able to by the right tings later.

  24. #24equipment fan2007-04-09 16:41

    ok thanks,what do your opinion about the f-series loader?You will have some great equipment.

  25. #25rabia2012-09-19 05:57

    Well said Mr. Cm. I am agree with your point of view.