Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

LONG 5 in 1 backhoe

gladiatore ยท 2014-12-19 11:26

here some pics of the Long backhoe i just rebuilt

Replies9
  1. #1sheepfoot2014-12-19 18:00

    That is a rare machine that I know of, I have only seen two up close in the last 40 yrs. The man that owned the one loved it. I really don't think they were big sellers but it is a nice piece of history and you have it looking good!.

  2. #2gladiatore2014-12-19 18:03

    Ty sheepfoot, yes is a very rare equipment, was a really pain in ass fix all the problems,(engine, converter, transmision, hyd pump, all hyd hoses, and the most hard was the crane), but after a few months of work the results are very good, also runs like new and works perfect.

  3. #3HATCHEQUIP2014-12-19 18:06

    Very nice but did the boom have a certain purpose or was it for whatever

  4. #4gladiatore2014-12-19 18:11

    Hatchequip, this machine come as multi purpose it is called 5 in 1 because also you can easy detach front bucket and put a fork, or a blade, checking the propaganda they made for this machine, they sell you with the idea you have everything in a machine, a backhoe, crane, forklift, and grader, the crane can hold in the most extended place 5 tons

  5. #5HATCHEQUIP2014-12-19 19:01

    10/4

  6. #6Rich Jensen2024-09-16 23:33

    I have a 5 N 1 machine I would like to junk. Anyone interested in parts? 719-469-4724 Rich

  7. #7Truck Shop2024-09-17 06:32

    Sounds like there is a SHORT story about the popularity & sales of the LONG 5n1 backhoe.

  8. #8HATCHEQUIP2024-09-17 08:27

    Aw man you had to stretch on that one

  9. #9Truck Shop2024-09-17 10:34

    Nah----It's too funny the contraptions built with wheels or tracks. But what is comical about these type items is it has a boom. As children then growing into manhood the thought about craning something just never stops.