Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

long reach???

earthscratcher ยท 2015-08-09 09:15

if you were to buy a long reach is it better to get one factory built or one that has a aftermarket setup on it.??

Replies2
  1. #1Hawkeye2015-08-09 13:33

    I had an aftermarket long reach for a 320 and switched back and forth to the standard set for a number of years. It worked great, I have no idea what brand it was, bought it from PCI in Reinbeck

  2. #2excavator2015-08-10 11:11

    The difference that I have seen is the factory long reach machines usually have additional valving so that the boom cannot be dropped as fast as a regular machine. And they also have more counter weight. There was a dealer in our area years ago that converted standard machines to long reach by just replacing the stick and boom, nothing else and they were very unstable machines.