Just as the title says.I have a budget at 10,000.looking for a skid steer for driveway removals.dirt work small side jobs.I know this has been asked many times but the market changes.looking at a 98 gehl 4625sx 1700 hours for 9000.also a 94 bobcat 753 1800 hours for 10,000.I don't know the history on the bobcat but the gehl is a one owner and a buddy of mines.just wanted to know of any other machines in that price range you guys would recommend.thanks for your time
You might check Iron Planet (internet auction). You can research the site and see what 10K has bought in the past. I would see if you can find an 1845C for that money.
Hey ksss, 1845c would def be my choice if there were any within 75 miles or so.I did find and 1987 but looks really ruff and the guy won't return emails or phone calls priced at 5600
I bought a 1997 763 Bobcat a few years ago and have had good luck with it except for the usual repairs needed. The Bobcat guy's say it was the last of the good, easy to repair models. After 1998 most had a lot of computer and digitals gauges, sensors that just cost a lot more to repair. I didn't know that at the time and I just lucked in, I guess. I do not put a lot of hours on a year and I figure it will do me at least another 8-10 years. Simple and cheap to fix (relative) works for me. A low hour machine of this age should be had for $10,000 or less.
hey nobull1! great information.i was wondering what the (less) electronic bobcat machines were in that range.i like bobcat for sure as thats what i have ran the most.theres just not a whole lot around here for sale in my range.i dont mind driving alittle but i have been burned to many times if you know what i mean.i am leaning towards bobcat or case but this gehl i speak of is a good friends dads and i know the history at least but i still want to see everything available with quality i can afford.again...great info
Case 1845c, late model, they have grey cabs and a single lap bar. If I couldn't have that I'd have a case 1840. If I couldn't have that, give me a wheelborrow.
haha..good stuff! yes i would love to own an 1845c
Fwiw,.....there's some on here not to far from you. One is a 91 model for $8500, ...4589 hrs, in Sterling, IL. I think it's on pg 3. http://www.machinerytrader.com/list/list.aspx?manu=CASE&mdltxt=1845C&catid=1055
I bought a 2001 773g turbo with 4600hrs off of craigslist for $1500.00 last year. And from the same guy i bought a 1999 863 with 3600 hrs for for $1500 at the same time.There is some real deals on there if you look enough.
Welcome to the Forums eben!:drinkup
Wow those are some deals! I'm on Craigslist everyday but I have been really checking more frequent lately.hope I find a deal like that!
Thanks I would post some pics if i could figure out how. Cant seem to find a file link option. Jay look in the big cities seems to me there is more chance to find the deals there.
Eden take a look at the link in my signature line.
Well here is a few pics. The 863 i sold without painting it. The 773 i still have and painted and refurbished it bucket pins,bushings;ect, and use it all the the time. The s300 i picked up for $11,700.00this past february to load and unload 3000lb pallets of roof coatings for use on my commercial roofing company. I refurbished it as well this past winter while work was slow.
nice lookin skids eben.that s300 would be a smokin deal.thats why im holding out for now.i dont wanna rush anything.my luck a great deal would pop up after a decent buy
I bought my NH Lx885 for 11,000 with a tree spade. Sold the tree spade for 5k. I'm happy as a clam with it.
You can own this machine with the trailer for 10K.............1997 with new tires , completely serviced and ready to work. 30 hp. large bucket, Nice machine, never abused. decent 16' trailer......"Great buy/deal IMHO.....To HEF members only.......... Farmer........
Gehl pics hey guys,here is the 98 Gehl i am looking at.went and checked it out today.1630 hours.oversized tires.fresh tuneup.comes with smooth bucket and pallet forks.please let me know what you guys think.thank you
Nice machine...
hey pafarmer.looks like you have a nice setup.someone will snatch it up.i have a 14k 20 foot trailer now so i would be stuck selling another trailer.wish you were closer so i could at least look at it.good luck with the sell.