Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking at a 1980 JD 750 E

Hambone33 ยท 2016-12-16 13:45

I am looking around for a 90 to 100HP dozer, in good shape, that won't break the bank to do some work around my property. Property is reclaimed mine land. Will be filling in some eroded areas, covering some acidic spots after liming them, doing some light road work around the property, brush removal, and maybe build a small technical pond for dog training by building a dam across a narrow draw. Will probably sell it when my work is finished so I am being very careful to try and find a good dozer. Been looking an a 1980 JD 750 E that seems to be in pretty good condition and was wondering if folks on here could offer information about these old dozers and if there is anything in particular I would need to look out for. Less than 2000 hours on it and the UC is in very good shape. Farmer owned and doesn't seem to have been abused. Those of you familiar with this machine let me know what you think of them. Can repair parts still be found for them and do Deere dealers still work on these - I'm not a mechanic.

Replies2
  1. #1Hambone332016-12-16 14:48

    Well just found out this dozer has sold. Can't delete the post. When I try to edit there is no option showing up to delete it.

  2. #2Welder Dave2016-12-17 01:59

    A 1980 wouldn't be an E and I highly doubt the 2000 hours. You might be better off it sold.