Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking at a 943 Loader

Dickjr. ยท 2015-11-28 18:18

I have found a nice looking 943 with about 10500 hrs on it for sale locally. The u/c looks terrible but the rest looks to be in decent condition. Would it be crazy to add a machine this old with these hours to my others for daily use? The reason I like this size , I can haul it with my current rig. It would see 500 hrs a year mostly loading topsoil and the occasional basement and clearing job. Provided I can buy it right and replace the undercarriage I think as long as it held together it would fit the bill for my needs. Any input or advice would be appreciated.

Replies7
  1. #1chrismatin2015-11-28 21:39

    Good little rear end machines, we used them to pad out lots, dig basements, clear brush & load trucks in Georgia. I would like to have a lour hour 943 with a cab, to get in tight spots & backfill. Good luck

  2. #2Dickjr.2015-11-28 23:27

    After running rear engine machines , I just don't care for the 939.

  3. #3chrismatin2015-11-29 09:32

    Same here, cannot fine grade the same with front engine tractors.

  4. #4Bob/Ont2015-11-29 12:35

    You can see the need for UC work, The engine is well along in it's life but still should have some left. The HPCU and motors should still have lost of life if it's been properly maintained. Have a good look into the recoil spring cavity for soil getting in, have seen the bottom break and get full of soil. That jammed the spring and caused the idler extension rod to break. If you do uc work do it all for best results. Later Bob

  5. #5Dickjr.2015-11-29 15:36

    The machine is on consignment at a CAT dealer. I would definitely run the machine long enough or do a demo if possible. It has a cab , not sure if it has a/c. That would be a deal breaker if not. to hot in the summer. Bob , I may pick your brain a bit after taking a look at it.

  6. #6Bob/Ont2015-11-29 21:43

    Any time Dickjr. Can't see it without AC, working ac is another question. Later Bob

  7. #7Dickjr.2015-12-01 18:33

    Hey Bob , I guess A/C was an option then on the 943. The machine can be seen on machinery trader , its at Whayne supply. I have called today to get information as far as service records conditions etc and may ride up and take a look tomorrow if they get back with me. I have 3 jobs I need it for now , other than we just got 4" of rain. I like the fact I can haul it with my rig.