Anyone have experience with those mini self propelled dump units? Looking at one for a project I have coming up that is a little tight for my single axle ford to get into. Was wondering how they handle wet ground, and is a 4 ton unit going to be any more productive than the takeuchi 140 that I already have? Thinking of something along the lines of a thwaites 4000 4x4 swivel dump. My excavator is a takeuchi 053 fr, running either a 2' or 3' bucket on it.
Looking to purchase or rent?
If you have tight spaces and wet ground, phone up one of these folks and try a Yanmar or Morooka track dump, you'll never go back. http://mmmachine.com/rentals.htm Or closer: Anderson Equipment Company Allegany/Olean 4176 ROUTE 417 ALLEGANY, NY 14706 Hours: 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM Latitude/Longitude: 42.105,-78.529 Phone: 716-372-8822 Fax: 716-372-7198
I've only used the wheeled dumpers, 3000 liters and 9000 liters. How far are you moving the material? How wet is wet? Wacker-Neuson makes a 4x4 3,000 liter dumper that's downright FUN. I had one on a job a couple of years ago. We kept it for a couple of weeks. During the time we had it, we moved over 400 tons of material: sanding trenches, moving spoil, moving crushed concrete and crushed limestone. Production was good on hard ground. Anything over 8" of mud and it slowed down quite a bit....but it didn't stop. The 9,000 liter wheeled dumper was just too heavy if it was really loaded up. It sank to it's axles a couple of times. The 3,000 liter dumper combined with a 2.5 ton mini on the stock pile (jumping from one seat to the other) gave better production than a JCB 3CX (214) for moving fill 150 yards. I had one on a job back in December that was not a W-N unit. It had bald tires and I managed to get it stuck in the wet stuff. There was high clay content in the soil.
9,000 liter dumper This is the Wacker-Neuson 3,000 liter dumper. If there was a decent paying job open in there product testing department, I'd take it. The dumper went up and down that little incline loaded and unloaded. It was ramped a bit more than you see in the picture, but it was still impressive how that thing never ran out of forward traction.
Excellent machines , I own a wheeled wacker neuson 3001, a wheeled wacker neuson 6001, and a tracked canycom s25a.
Have a lot of the IHI units out and everybody loves them they will go places you cannot hardly walk.
Yep, IHI is another very good brand of track dump.