Guys I am looking at buying a larger dozer, I new have a CAT d4g and would not get rid of it for anything but I do want a larger tractor as well. I have owned a 550-G and a 450-j for a short time but mostly I have had CAT equipment. I just want to stay away from the high sprocket tractor so I am looking toward JD and this 750 is about the right size. Has anyone here owned one, if so whats the pros and cons to it. This tractor for sale is priced at $40 and has 6,000 hours and has a fairly new undercarriage on it. It also looks to have been well taken care of and serviced. Thanks in advance.
Good looking tractor.Just wondering why no high drive
I love these machines. We have a 750c-II and a 850c-II both creeping up on 10,000hrs with no major issues. Just inspect the blade pivots very well, those PAT LGP blades get sloppy quick w/o proper maintenance.
we have 2 850J dozers. The oldest is on 20 000hrs without engine being touched and is still operating like new. Great machines.
I'd prolly buy it. I like the 750c's. Ive heard lots of good things about them. Personally I sold my 550g last fall cause it was too small, picked up a ih td15c, and I'm in love. The added weight and hp are awesome.
It looks like its a strait 750C and not a series I or series II I have a 750c that is now a series I. It was my understanding deere was not happy with the service life of the first machines drive train and they had an update that the dealers would do for .10 cents per meter HR that was on the machine bought mine repoed it had been sitting for a while and I didn't use it a lot so it only had about 1,800 Hrs at the time they would disassemble and inspect the entire drive train replace any needed parts that was not up to spec and replace control handle with T style with speed control on it and digital dash.IT was a great deal that was about 15 years ago Ive only put about 2,000 hrs on it since then It's been sitting about 6-7 years now when we last run it did have some trouble with one of the speed sensors it would track off to one side
I just seen that exact dozer on craigs list in raliegh NC is that where you got those picts
Nice looking unit. I agree on the high drive, if the machine is hydrostatic like this most of the engineering benefits of the high drive system go out the window. After that it's a matter of preference.
I also think John Deere recommends every 5000 hours to have the harmonic dampner replaced on the crankshaft of the 750 and 850. Not sure if this model falls into that engine requirement.