Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking at buying a 955L

jmmybuckles · 2021-02-09 21:07

I got a good deal on a 955L that's been sitting for bout 18 months. I want to try to start clearing land and digging basements. Is this a good machine for my first loader? Or is this it too big? I was looking for something smaller and lighter, but it's a hell of a deal that I can't pass up on. I will be using it on my own property which is soft soil.

Replies3
  1. #1Welder Dave2021-02-09 21:53

    955L was a great machine. Whether or not it's still a great machine depends on a lot of things. Any used crawler can be a huge money pit. Need a lot more details to determine any potential problems with it.

  2. #2JLarson2021-02-09 22:16

    She looks a tad rough, probably not getting the best of maintenance before it got parked me thinks? How's the UC, any life left or is it hammered out?

  3. #3Tags2021-02-10 09:00

    The biggest question is why has it been sitting for 18 months? It’s never a good sign when one of the engine panels is off of the machine and leaning against the track…