I found a cheap 6 way Massey Ferguson dozer that won’t steer left and I’m looking for some input. I’ve never had a Massey Ferguson. Are these pretty reliable machines? The guy says it’ll steer right but when you pull to steer left while going forward it screeches. When you pull left in reverse, no noise. Any ideas? Thanks guys, Adam
Parts are likely not available anywhere so its not worth it even if its free unless you need the engine for something else
That’s great to know, thank you. So odds are if I needed steering clutches on it, they wouldn’t be available or order?
I have 4 brand new stering cluch discs for MASSÉ 200
I'm not sure if steering clutch disc's can be made up but Hector has some anyway. Brake bands certainly can be made up. Before getting into the steering clutches you need to diagnose just what the problem is. Could a valve not be working or the linkage be way out of adjustment, etc. ** were good machines but that was over 40 years ago and many parts are unobtanium. I haven't read anywhere that tracks for an MF200 aren't available but don't know either way. MF300 tracks appear to be no longer available.
Maybe the lining on brake band are brooken
Something else to check for sure.