Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking at new 20 ton tag trailers….

Tags ยท 2017-09-24 10:12

I am in the process of looking at new 20 ton tag trailers. I currently have an Eager Beaver 20 ton that I'm going to sell or trade in and I'm fairly certain I won't be getting another Eager Beaver. I have looked at Felling, Winston, and a Custom Heavy Haul. It will have eithe hydraulic or air ramps. Anyone have any feedback on those that I've looked at or any others I should give a look at?

Replies13
  1. #1CM19952017-09-24 13:25

    Take a look at Trail King also. They build good trailers.

  2. #2SVTSHELBYGT5002017-09-24 19:24

    We bought a felling 25 ton with air ramps and love it

  3. #3Georgia Iron2017-09-27 23:06

    Just curious whats wrong with the Eager Beaver?

  4. #4Tags2017-09-28 07:18

    To be perfectly honest, nothing really....just put new decking on, replacing some rotted rear spring hangers....it's more more of a "I'm getting lazy and don't want to pick these ramps up" thing. I don't have time to fab up my own hyd/air ramps

  5. #5Georgia Iron2017-09-29 20:47

    Thats funny. I feel the same way. Almost every time I load my 953 I destroy one of the ramps. Today bent the 1" 3/4" bar that holds the ramp on. I bought a 21' piece of 1 3/4 and I have almost used it all. The bar used to 1 1/2". I think my 953 has gotten fat or something

  6. #6Tags2017-09-30 19:12

    I love this business of moving earth around.....but I absolutely HATE moving the equipment that moves the earth...

  7. #7Tags2018-04-01 19:28

    Just update,I ended up ordering a Custom Heavy Haul 20 ton trailer with 22.5 axles and suspension, 22 foot flat deck, extra D rings, 5 foot beaver tail, and the best of all, air ramps. Picked it up Saturday and barely strained my back pushing the lever to put the ramps down and back up....

  8. #8JBGASH2018-04-01 22:11

    Nice looking outfit, very gentle slope and angle to get up on the deck.

  9. #9AzIron2018-04-01 23:40

    I like all the d rings you never have enough in the right spot and you could load anything on that slope and the ramps look really stout That's a really nice trailer

  10. #10gwhammy2018-04-03 07:33

    What's the deck height on that with the 22.5 low pros?

  11. #11behnks19902019-02-02 17:23

    Take a look at Behnke tag trailers. Very well built, powder coat finish, and several ramp and beavertail combinations. https://behnkeenterprises.com/trailertypes/tags/

  12. #12Randy882019-05-01 05:49

    Do they offer galvanized as an option for the entire trailer frame assembly??

  13. #13SVTSHELBYGT5002019-05-01 09:21

    Felling does .