Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking at new jumping jack compactors any comments on what your thoughts are on various brands?

lake side bob ยท 2023-10-30 09:42

I have two stone jumping jackets one used as parts machine, now the other needs new carb which is not available so i am looking for a new one. Anyone have a ST728R they want to sell? Talked to a sales man whose company sells both Wacker and Bomag. Informed me the Wacker has problems with it's fuel system. Pointed me towards a Bomag BT50 said better machine. What do you think is the best jumping jack compactor? Would appreciate your input.

Replies5
  1. #1Dutchboy2023-10-30 17:16

    Had a 4 cycle Stone, now have a 2 cycle Bomag. Much prefer the Bomag

  2. #2Keith Merrell2023-10-30 21:29

    I love my Mikasa MTX60

  3. #3Angry Mike2023-10-31 21:30

    MTX-60 and MTX-70. We have about 15 of each and they seem to to great. Go through spark plugs alot

  4. #4lake side bob2023-11-01 16:02

    Well I purchased a used, year 2020 Wacker BS60-4AS rammer, it shows 48.9 hours on the hour meter. Ran it for a while appears in good shape so I pulled the pin and departed from $1879 dollars which works out to 50% of a new one. Time will tell if the machine is good. It is a step up from the Stone larger and in my mind more user friendly.

  5. #5Keith Merrell2023-11-01 21:11

    Nice, most deals I get are opportunistic. I actually received my wacker as a trade and gave the guy a credit on a job for it.