Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking for 1999 F-series Front End Parts

Birken Vogt ยท 2021-02-03 18:39

Looking for the front end parts for a banged up 1999 F-250. Grille, headlight trim, [painted] black bumper, drivers fender, hood, aftercooler, condensor, etc. This list will solidify as we go through it and discover what is wrong with it. I believe 99-03 250-350 and possibly larger, will work. Polar white in color. If anybody has one of these laying around, let me know a ballpark price and if you can ship. We are considering options at this point.

Replies12
  1. #1crane operator2021-02-03 20:18

    If you want, I've seen guys swap the lights and grill from the 05-07, the grill's are different and the bumper, but I think the quarter panels are the same. They also make conversion kits to put the 08-10 and 11-16 front clip on the earlier trucks, its more work but some guys want the newer look. So anything white that has a good front clip, and you can make it look like a new one. Also, good body parts are getting rare for the older ones, but there's all kinds of 6.4's parked in the weeds with blown motors that have good bodies. The later ones take some more work to swap, but its all been done before, google ford front clip conversion and lots of stuff comes up. https://mcnastycustomz.com/store/ol...conversion-kits/v/MCN-FRD-SPR-FRN-99-07-08-10

  2. #2Steve Frazier2021-02-03 20:52

    I can't help you with parts but I'm a bit of a SuperDuty geek. As mentioned, the fenders and hood will interchange through 2007. There were slight changes in appearance of the headlights and grill through 2003 but they should all interchange. 2004 through 2007 grill and headlights are different. They will fit but will need to be used together. Not sure on the bumpers, they may follow the same year changes. Aftermarket knockoff fenders are available pretty cheap.

  3. #3petepilot2021-02-03 21:03

    got a 2000 350 4 door sitting here i`d give you if you were`nt so far away

  4. #4crane operator2021-02-15 09:23

    How's the parts search coming? this one is close by me- $125 each for the front fenders. they don't list a price for the hood, but they want $300 each for the doors. Fenders look pretty good. This one is a 2005.

  5. #5Birken Vogt2021-02-15 10:07

    We tore into it and the coolers look good except the fan hit the radiator and shroud but those should be cheap. So we really need the grille, headlight bezels and bumper, plastic stuff mostly, plus the fender and hood. Will they be the same on that model? Looks like most of what we need from it is already missing but we can take what we can get.

  6. #6crane operator2021-02-15 14:39

    For the plastic stuff I'd just get it from amazon. Trying to find it on a old truck that isn't cracked, or won't be cracked by the time you get it off is going to be hard. The grill and bumper can be chrome or gray, you can buy whatever suits your tastes, but it really doesn't cost any more for the chrome one. https://www.amazon.com/Passenger-He...-----7&vehicleName=2001+Ford+F-250+Super+Duty https://www.amazon.com/Grille-1999-...dp/B07FKFTPD5/ref=psdc_15709501_t3_B004GE70XG https://www.amazon.com/Bumper-Excur...------&vehicleName=2001+Ford+F-250+Super+Duty I've had to join up to facebook to find any local parts any more. I plugged in grass valley and this guy has a front clip in modesto. I realize that's a drive, but the shipping would be a killer. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/434798997695742/?ref=search&referral_code=undefined

  7. #7Mike L2021-02-15 14:42

    eBay

  8. #8crane operator2021-02-15 15:14

    All quarter panels and hoods are the same from 99 to 2007. Grill and headlights and bumper are different on the later ones, so they won't interchange with the earlier, but you can put a whole package i.e. of grill headlights bumper from the 04-07 ones in yours. You can't mix an match grill bumper and headlights, they have to be from the same. A 07 bumper won't work with the 99 grill, they are just a little different, but the bolt up is the same.

  9. #9Don.S2021-02-15 19:25

    The newer headlight will fit. But you have to cut out some of the plastic behind it. Not big deal to do i did it on my truck this fall and the lights are so much better.

  10. #10Sberry2021-02-15 19:47

    I gonna click on that when I get to my office but getting an education with a 2004. I want a front passenger shoulder/seat belt for one with an ext cab.

  11. #11Birken Vogt2021-03-02 11:13

    I'm finding this thing with the old ugly square headlights is kind of a unicorn to find parts for. Would anybody know what the fiberglass "things" that hold the headlights are called so I can search for them? They are not a visible part, they are behind the grille and trim pieces.

  12. #12crane operator2021-03-02 20:23

    I think you're looking for the "header panel" https://www.amazon.com/Header-Panel-1999-2004-Grille-F81Z8A284AA/dp/B07HGKPRYX