Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking for a 10-12 ton backhoe trailer

KTS77_416C ยท 2011-12-01 19:41

I am in need for a backhoe trailer. Pintle hitch, with or without airbrakes, beavertail. Anyone have any suggestions what brands are better than others? I know they are for sale everywhere you look. Factory direct is a good chance due to the price, and it's hard to find a very nice not beat to he** trailer :Banghead. Gator Made trailers look like alot of trailer for the money...anyone have one of these? Help me out guys. Thanks!

Replies2
  1. #1barklee2011-12-02 21:48

    I have a Gator trailer. Its not that big, mine is a skidsteer trailer. I believe 14,000lbs. I bought mine in 2007 and its holding up fairly well. Its probably one of the better "cheap" trailers around. The paint isnt great, the lights and wiring arent great, but overall it does the job. My trailer pulls nice and i havent had any issues other than the lights. If it was me i probably wouldnt buy a heavier Gator trailer, i would rather have a used trailking or eager beaver than a new gator..... Just my opinion, i am not that impressed with the gator but they are cheap so you get what you pay for!

  2. #2KTS77_416C2011-12-04 09:47

    thanks for the input barklee..maybe ill have to keep looking around