Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking for a CAT Form for a D7E Dozer

SLK001 ยท 2026-06-07 22:06

Parts list for the pressure relief valve on the D7E shows a part number of 5S1211 for the cover. The 47A service manual depicts the servicing of an earlier part number, probably the one with a 9M6366 cover (or, so I assume - anyway, it is not the procedure for part that I have installed). The 9M and the 5S are complete redesigns. The part that I have installed is of the 5S1211 "group", which the service manual doesn't cover. I need to replace the guts of my valve, and the parts manual lists CAT Form FE55040, " Instructions for Installing Pressure Relief Valve ". Does anyone have this document in electronic form that they can share?

Replies4
  1. #1James Sorochan2026-06-07 23:21

    Maybe put up your serial number which will help narrowing down an answer for you. Message Old Magnet. I think he may be able to help here. If you haven't already joined the ACMOC I would recommend you do. Lot's of info and good people there with copious experience in the old Cats. Here's a pic of my D7E 47A.

  2. #2Old Magnet2026-06-08 00:46

    That upgrade was used on a bunch of models. Here's a typical parts breakdown.... 2Y7214 RADIATOR GP-PART 1 OF 2 PART OF 5Y1174 RADIATOR AR AN ATTACHMENT 3304B GEN SET ENGINE | AVSpare.com avspare.com

  3. #3SLK0012026-06-08 18:31

    Ah, yes... A CAT made for men - stick shift! The serial number is in my signature, but I guess that it doesn't show up on a phone screen. It's 47A3316, circa 1965-66. And, what is ACMOC?

  4. #4Old Magnet2026-06-08 19:05

    Antique Caterpillar Machine Owners Club