Hey guys this will be my first post here on heavy equipment forums but I have been visiting for a while now and cant get enough of the logging threads and great photos and history being shared:drinkup I am seriously thinking about trying to get back into the bush. I am a heavy equipment operator living in Langley BC Canada, over here on a Work Visa from New Zealand. At the moment I am surveying (using my diploma in Civil engineering) for a pipeline crew but I yearn to get back out of the city and back into the operators seat. I am experienced in operating excavators, dozers and front end loaders, bit of rock truck work too.Ive worked on bulk earthmoving jobs and spent some time in camp building forestry roads and skid sites. Also done a fair bit of land clearing and mulching, cleaning up after logging crews. I grew up around repairing quarry and earthmoving equipment( dads business) so I have no worries repairing and maintaining my own machinery. The most complicated piece I have operated is a Menzi Muck A91 4x4 Plus. Ran it for two years. Alot of fun and gave me a huge amount of experience and respect for steep terrain. So my question to the BC guys on here is do you know of anything out there? I am a hard working young guy(26) who is ready to give it his all and prove himself to his future bosses. I can email a full resume on request or gimmie a ring on 778 875 9566 Cheers guys:drinkup David [email protected]
Try this site if you want to work in Alberta, or Canadian Forests, Career section. http://workwild.ca/careers/jobpostings/
Thanks man I will check it out.