The thread description does say, unique repairs.. so.. I want to convert my home generator to an electric start.. BUT I need a toothed flywheel to engage the started.. when I buy one.. The engine is a Tecumseh HM100. but a ring gear from a HM80 will work also.. I found them on the web for 75.00 + shipping, used.. I know a lot of you folks are from the snow belt so I figured, what the hay.. try here.. The ring gear was in most snow blower.. w/a HM80 or HM100 Tecumseh engine.. and if you had a starter ta boot.. that would be super.. Thanks TPG I double posted to the wanted section.. so if its a problem just delete one.. thanks
If you got a rope starter pawl, and a socket to fit it, and a cordless drill, you can prolly do it for less than $75...
I thought about that Dave.. BUT, my drill ALWAYS needs a charge when I need it.. lol Gonna give this site about a week.. then bite the bullet. We always have some sort of power outage during the winter and now with my back the way it is, its sad watching the wife try to start the gen..
First, I'd check on ebay for a good used flywheel and possibly a whole motor with starter, ring gear and charging circuit, actually being a generator, it may have the charging coils already for excitation. one vendor on ebay is jacks small engines, if the ring gear itself is available as a part, jacks will possibly have a listing for it. It also helps to know what models it was sold with on the mtd line as folks may list it that way.
Yeah, I found Jacks.. I think they wanted 165-175.00 for it.. Used on ebay is 75.00 + 15. shipping.. The P# is>>611091 I'm just trying to save acouple of bucks seeing I'v been down for about 4 months.. if ya know what I mean.. Don't really want a whole charging system.. just gonna start it off a jump box. Thanks for lookin tho..
I have ONE, but you can't have it, it MIGHT snow sometime. I know a guy though... I should get by there before a week.
D.. If I had any money, I'd put it ALL ON.. "It's GONNA snow".. lol