My name is Nick and I’m a casting director at BobCat Studios. Our company founders have been involved in television for over 20 years and were the executive producers for Deadliest Catch. We are developing a new science TV series for a major network that is going to be a competition series that meets a bit Modern Marvels. I am in charge of casting hosts for the series and we need to find hosts who have experience as engineers, scientists, mechanics, builders, or inventors. Are you an engineer, inventor, builder, or mechanic — with a desire to be an expert on a TV Show? Do you love to debate? You’ll need a degree in “getting your hands dirty” because you’ll be cutting cars in half, blowing buildings up, grinding, sawing, tunneling, fabricating, and more at our in-studio workshop/ testing grounds. You’ll also be debating the relative merits of various tools, tech, and machines every step of the way. Along with credentialed characters we're also looking for regular, blue collar geniuses! New TV series casting for characters to run the action on a show that focuses on how technology and machines are used today, and pits them against each other in fun and active ways. Brought to you by the Producers of Discovery Channel's “Deadliest Catch”. If you fit the criteria or know someone who does, please email [email protected]
Daddgummit. If there weren't those pesky pictures up in post offices of me.......... I'd nominate some guys, but I don't want to see their ugly mugs on TV either. What kind of $$ are we talking here? "I don't need to play lotto this week" kind of money? or "this is better than panhandling or digging ditches" kind of money. And remember, some of us have spent months digging ditches. (and mine were all with a spade!)
Sorry I cuss too much and my southern accent is so thick I trip over it sometimes lol
Well I'd try out, but I can't be an actor, I'm a Conservative, and that'd put me on the hollywood blacklist. I do have more edumacation, than bill nye, the science liar, though...
I would need a good " Stunt Double " in the contract . With my awesome good look's ……….. Cant afford any scars or injury on the set while filming . Don't heal up as fast as I used to .
I’m in! Crane operator why didn’t you nominate me! Wait a minute I think I know why......haha
I'd be in to be a bad example....
So in other words , people who actually know how to get things done. I rarely, if ever, post a negative comment but for some reason that statement from this guy really bothers me as I would consider many of the folks on here to be the so called credentialed ones. It's like he is saying "we have our experts but want some of you guys too". Well heres the deal, these guys ARE the experts. Maybe I'm just reading too much into this. Rant over.
Lol here’s what I think of credentials (most of them anyway).....first thing I reach for when the roll is empty! Haha
So your looking for the guy that can fix anything w/ "baling wire" & "duct tape"..but he has to speak like Rod Serling.. & get interrupted constantly while trying to get things done?? Hmmm.. count me out.
I dunno. The way I read it, Ct Farmer, that's probably exactly the attitude that would land you the job: Before any of you guys write this off--He hasn't posted here in a while, at least not that I've noticed, but the King of Obsolete had a segment on a tv show a few years back. I don't recall the exact details, but a similar inquiry had been posted by a casting director for a show about people working "off the grid." I pointed her in KoO's direction, and while I think the original search was for something not quite the same as what he appeared in, he did make it onto the air. So, this could actually pan out for somebody. I know there are a few of our members that I'd actually tune in to see...
I think they also be limiting their audience, for this show. Appears to be for and about those who work, and get the job done, and in this day and age, how many peopld actually want to do that?
Debating the merits of various tools & techn.?? Hell, I couldn't explain why the sun goes down & comes back up.. LOL.. I KNOW WHY & HOW.. I just cant explain it to YOU..
OK, I'm IN...…...but I have several conditions 1. I need $250k a year. (I have to think about retirement at some point) 2. Summers OFF. (Im 55.....I wilt in temps over 90) 3. A well known hair and make-up artist. (Good looks MUST be maintained) 4. A MAGA ballcap. (Controversy keeps shows alive) 5. An EMT on site. (Who knows what can happen!) 6. My assistant IS Jennifer Anniston.....NO COMPROMISE. (I just want to see grease on her) 7. A golf cart with a chauffer. ( Why walk when your a STAR!) 8. 1 carton of Marlboro Lights per week. (Never kicked the habit and don't want to) 9. Mike Rowe on call for the dirty jobs. (Just for fun) 10. Wife's permission for #6. ( ALWAYS CHECK WITH THE BOSS FIRST!)
ALL GOOD requests>> We'll be in touch.. The producers denied all your requests..thank you for applying, please try again at a later date.
Don't you KNOW that you can ONLY DO THAT on the 2nd season??!!!
Screw it......I sent it to them anyways. LOL
Maybe it's a generational thing, but I love Bill Nye. Grew up watching his show on PBS.
Until he got an agenda...
When #10 finds out about #6, you're going to need #5. If you've got #4, what on earth would you need #3 for? You could look like junkyard's dog and with a cigarette and a hat, who would need makeup? You could be just a grey cloud in the corner of the studio that emits grunts and wheezes once in a while, maybe a occasional bark/ laugh with a "THAT'S NEVER GOING TO WORK-----------STUPID ENGINEERS" thrown in for good measure. And just to clarify on #6- do you want to see her with only grease on her, or just to mess up her regular look with a little grease? This should be a family friendly show.
I’d be willing to watch the cable channel for that one... Dang, now I’m in trouble with #10!! Darryl
Yep, and like most jobs it always comes down to the numbers game
Might be an interesting experience. Do I get to bust up the engineer a bit when they make a stupid design?
Well hope they make a good show out of it shouldnt be to hard to beat out gold rush lol
I wouldn't mind seeing old school vs new school challenges. That old question, "how much sense does the machine make vs labor for (job X)."
I'm pretty much a curmudgeon so I don't think I'm much of a fit. And I don't think I could control my swearing because I like to talk to what I'm working on. Truck Shop
Sounds like a good time. Do I have to quit my day job? Or would that count as a job. Cut cars up and argue with engineers. Sounds like a blast.
Yup, it really is amazing how you can scare a stuck bolt into submission with the proper application of 10 or 12 well selected words.
We should be co-hosts...
Three amigos! If I was on there it would be like Morse code!
I did email them and haven’t gotten a single thing in response so who knows. A guess a star was aborted! Haha
That would be way too cool. My other half is looking at me like I'm crazy because of the uncontrollable chuckling.
Haha Will is crashed out on the couch and I woke him up laughing at myself! Well that and I’m sitting here watching the emoji movie he started!
I would think the show may be able to handle 2 of you, but with the 3, I dont think there would be much commentary from anyone else, and they do have a show to film..... I'm picturing this idea a lot like the captains table rants on Deadliest catch. Nothing gets done unless they have cards with topic changers and someone with a stopwatch to tell him to read the next one. Lol
So true!
Three amigo's? Sounds more like that other group of three with Larry, Moe and Curly.
or>> Manny, Moe & Jack.? {PEP BOYS}