I'm looking for a new track loader (not used and not compact) in the 70hp/14000lb range. Is Cat the only one that still make any under 100hp? Any recommendations?
From Deere's website - http://www.deere.com/specsapp/servl...der&subCategory=u105hp&equipment=construction Anything smaller will be a compact tl
youre gettting to the size that a Large SkidSteer is going to rival..... Have you thought about a large skid steer like the 299C? Pj
cat and bobcat are offering steel tracks now on their ctl's. Last I saw the steel 299c saw weighing in near 16k though. I think you can steel track other brands too. Komatsu may still be making one for the overseas markets. What is your application if I may ask were you need a dozer based small loader that a ctl can't handle.
I would like to see a picture of a steel track cat, I have been wondering why they didnt come out sooner. would be a extemely versatile machine. If you could ever switch back and forth from steel to rubber that would be the way to go.
I would like to see some info on the Cat steel track machine as well, Bobcat has theirs on their website. The metal tracks with the rubber bolt on pads would seem like the ticket. You would still have the rubber to cross pavement and such but have the benefits of steel pads and chains. Or in a perfect world have 1 rubber track machine and 1 steel track machine.:tong
while a ctl is great for small grading it can't push like a track loader. we have a ct332 and a 555g. both have close to the same hp but the track loader will push threw a pile that the clt will have to pick at. that being said theirs nothing I like to fine grade more with then a ctl. much faster and nimbel.
I have a CAT 943 (28000lbs) and it is a good, strong machine.
we have a 236, 277b,943,953 and like buck feaver said a loader is a different machine. probably better all around machine for digging and grading. but when you grow the little guys are a great help, they just cost to much to maintain doing larger jobs. the 943 was a great size machine for us. cat should have not got ride of it, but we could never buy one new which i guess is why they stop production.
As soon as I can find a ride for my machine will be passing thru Kingsport on my way to Tazewell (sharps chapel) If ya happen to see a Old Komatsu d55s track loader screaming thru town That will be me. Would like to post a pic but Newbie, its got a ripper on the back and 4 in one blade, it also got a monster fork grapple for moving logs, I haven't decided to keep the grapple as I do logging for myself only and I see a need only if I hire out will try a link to photo's if not a search for 1974 komatsu d55s one of the auctions engine 4d120 which i think is a 90 hp http://www.factstechnologylive.com/...ntRow=21&LayoutID=107#javascript:DoNothing(); Was wondering if anyone has experience with fork grapple. Wondering what the weight is for this machine Komatsu d55s-3 s/n 5475 If someone has access to dealer info would be greatly appreciated. As always have fun and be safe