Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking for a stabilizer cylinder 580ck

'70580ck ยท 2023-06-26 11:01

I've resealed this cylinder twice and it still leaks past the gland seals in the raised position. It has some internal wear in the tube and piston. The gland nut is also somewhat rough in the seal area. Anyway, I'm just curious if anyone has a good replacement 580ck stabilizer cylinder available. Thank you!

Replies4
  1. #1Billrog2023-06-26 11:13

    A hydraulic shop will put the rod on a lathe and polish it up & clean the cylinder up. Also check the rod for a bend in it.

  2. #2Tinkerer2023-06-26 12:10

    A gland seal usually leaks in both directions. Have you considered that it may be a control valve problem ? To determine if it is a valve problem, take the cylinder off and replace it with the other stabilizer cylinder and see if the it holds it in position with a load on it.

  3. #3RES2023-06-26 13:18

    The cylinder on my 580B was cracked when I got it. Conequip in Ny was the cheapest I found. Ups lady wasn't happy with me. She probably weighed less than it did.

  4. #4'70580ck2023-06-26 22:39

    Thank you for all of the great suggestions. I'll start with swapping sides.