Im looking to buy a hydraulic winch to fit a 1980s john deere 355d track loader, im located in both upstate new york and long island and would be willing to travel a reasonable distance to get it ..would prefer it to be in good working condition, but if you have a broke one thats repairable I could work with that..thank you for any leads on one..COD.. no game playing on payment..
I’ve seen one lately on Craigslist in Chillicothe for a 350 dozer. Might look there, or maybe it was Huntington dunno it’s early.
Did they make a full hydraulic one? The one I had on a 88 model JD 455 and others I have seen are PTO drive and use a double ended brake control type control like a older skidder winch. JD 350 thru 555 should all have the same winch mounting for them years. Unless it very close I think you will have a hard time getting someone to ship one to you COD. Chances are you are going to have to go look at it(good idea) if you want to see it before paying.
what state? thank you
Im not sure if they did or not, I have to take a peek if mine has the plate on the back to access a PTO, the weights are blocking all access to look, ill take a look through the manual and see..I wasnt sure and asked a buddy that had alot of equipment and he also said it may be a PTO winch ...yes I would travel and take a look first..not to california.lol, but maybe a state or 2 over to get one..thank you for the response...
Chillicothe Ohio, and Huntington WVa.
Check out Wegners in myerstown. I have bought quite a few things off of them for very reasonable prices including new friction discs for the 3325 winch on my 550 JD.
thank you I will take a looksy..
thank you I will check them out..I got their link https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0L...legoods//RK=2/RS=5pVN3OTvTVt9ztPY05LhHlF4Fq0-
If you stumble across a winch for a D4D Cat in your search let me know. I have been watching for one of them. Thanks.
I just sold a D4E with a good winch to a friend who is going back and forth about parting it or fixing it. It's a good ways from Mn, though.
Not that far away. Its winter and always up for a road trip. Just another chance to meet friends. I wonder what the E series compatibility is with a D. I'll quit hijacking this post and start another to ask Old Magnet.
actually I may have, these guys in vermont have lots of winches, you can give them a call, looks like they rebuid and have used in all stages of repair.. https://albany.craigslist.org/hvo/d/john-deerewinches-rebuilt-4/6338635488.html