Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking for an shaft (pin) 5J3828

Wipfmister ยท 2025-10-04 09:15

Need an shaft for my 621 cat scraper parts number is 5J3828. So far I've stuck out everywhere any help would be greatly appreciated

Replies11
  1. #1Nige2025-10-04 09:35

    5J3828 is listed as a "Flight Assembly" for an elevator scraper. Is that what you are looking for.?

  2. #2Wipfmister2025-10-04 17:00

    Sorry mate it's 5J4893

  3. #3Cmark2025-10-05 00:19

    Not much luck with that one. Bearing in mind it's discontinued and Cat appear to have zero stock worldwide, you can ask your dealer to ask Cat for a copy of the drawing so that you can get one made up locally.

  4. #4Nige2025-10-05 06:10

    I would agree with that. In truth there appears to be no reason not to give you the drawing so you can have one made.

  5. #5Wipfmister2025-10-05 13:49

    OK I'll try how about the 5j 3828 any of those out there maybe aftermarket or something

  6. #6Nige2025-10-05 14:03

    5J-3828 comes up as a "Flight As", not a shaft. Are you sure the Part Number is correct.? Does your scraper have an elevator attachment.? Because that's what the Flight As #3 in the illustration below is used on.

  7. #7Wipfmister2025-10-05 14:30

    Yes sir that's exactly wat I mean u r correct r there some of those out there

  8. #8Nige2025-10-05 14:52

    You got me confused when your first post said you were looking for a Shaft......... I guess the same answer applies as per one above from @Cmark regarding the 5J-4893. The 5J-3828 also is marked as Discontinued with no replacement, so there ought not to be any issues providing a drawing to enable the part to be manufactured.

  9. #9Wipfmister2025-10-05 20:28

    Ya that's wat I kinda figured thought somebody had 1 laying around just maybe Would any of u gentlemen mind having an phone conversation with me about my troubles I'm having with my transmission it's an 5S7777. Please and thanks it would be greatly appreciated

  10. #10Nige2025-10-06 05:34

    What problems exactly and do you have a Service Manual.? Caterpillar CAT 621 J621 Wheel Tractor Scrapers Repair Service Manual REG01088 for sale online | eBay Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Caterpillar CAT 621 J621 Wheel Tractor Scrapers Repair Service Manual REG01088 at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products! www.ebay.com

  11. #11oldtom2025-10-11 00:50

    remove one and get made up locally just not out of midsteel have made before.