Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking for dump body

jmac ยท 2011-09-04 10:46

Any one here selling, or know of some one selling a used dump body in good condition. I have searched on line but maybe someone here has a source. Here is the truck that needs it: Truck is a 89' and used mostly as a site truck. The nice thing about it is the sides are only 40" so skid steer can load over the sides easily. Need a dump body 16' long with 40" to 48" tall sides. Tarp and air gate can be added so not a necessity. Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1Colorado Digger2011-09-04 14:54

    machinery trader- dump bodies. i was just looking myself the other day.

  2. #2Soodude2011-09-21 21:12

    If you have a metal scrap yard around I would check there to see if there are any trucks people a scrapping out since prices are high right now. I just bought a 15' box from a scrap yard in really great shape for .15 cents a pound.... I think I paid just over $600.00 for the box and the only thing I had to do was change the frame hinges and patch a small hole someone knocked into it with an excavator. She's ready to go on my L9000 this weekend.