I recently purchased this 1958 Huber-Warco grader/Maintainer. It has the Continental GD157 4 cylinder diesel engine. I'm struggling to find almost any parts for it online or in local parts stores. I am mainly looking for a exhaust/intake manifold. Any info on where to find one, new or used. Or if anyone knows of someone who may have one on a shelf in there garage somewhere or something. Anything would help as I am all out of ideas. Thanks.
Maybe these guys? http://montesequipment.com/products/
For a temporary repair you could try what I did on a cracked exhaust manifold. A couple experienced mechanics said it was highly likely some bolts would break removing it so I looked for a solution to repair it on the machine. Welding wasn't an option as there would be too much chance of ruining it that it had to be replaced. I remembered seeing exhaust/header wrap in auto parts store a couple years ago so went to inquire about it. The sales guy said it probably wouldn't last if put directly over the leak(s) so I thought about using high temp exhaust repair putty but it only comes in a small tube. Reading online I saw that people have used furnace cement to repair leaking exhaust manifolds. It's good for 2700 deg's. and a 3lb tub is under $20. Now I had a plan. I bought some 22 gauge sheet metal and shaped it to fit over the cracks. I put the furnace cement on the cracks first to hold the sheet metal in place. I let it cure for awhile and then spread more furnace cement over the sheet metal patches. I used some water to smooth the furnace cement out so it didn't have any sharp edges to cut the header wrap. After the furnace cement cured I wrapped the exhaust wrap around the manifold and secured it with stainless steel zip ties. The exhaust wrap should help hold the sheet metal patches tight to the manifold in addition to the furnace cement. The exhaust wrap is I got is good for 1800 deg's. continuous and 2500 deg's. intermittent. It was the highest rated header wrap and also didn't require soaking in water prior to installation or require a spray on ceramic coating after installing. I made 2 wraps around the cracks. It may not be the prettiest but after a few heat cycles is holding up just fine. One thing that is an absolute must is getting or making a tool for tightening the SS zip ties. They don't tighten easily like nylon zip ties. The SS zip ties are available where you get the exhaust wrap or in big box stores. I liked that the exhaust wrap came in smaller packages and is also available in kit form. Another brand only came in 50ft. length's which was way tooo much. Here is what I used: Titaniumâ„¢ Exhaust Wrap - 2" x 15' - Design Engineering, Inc Locking Tie Tool - Design Engineering, Inc Design Engineering, Inc Imperial Hi-Temp Stove & Furnace Cement, 710 mL Canadian Tire Steelworks Weldable Steel Sheet, 22 Gauge Canadian Tire