Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking for filter (air, gasoil, oil, hydraulic) for Caterpillar Loader 966A

Imad ยท 2015-07-06 16:13

Hello, I just bought one cat loader 966A export to africa but i want to buy all filters to send too but i dont know the filters number or serial. Can you me to give this number ans where can i buy it for cheap and good quality? Its my first time. Please help me.

Replies1
  1. #1kshansen2015-07-07 09:03

    Should be a S/N tag on it somewhere. Try looking on the engine block. Cat used to use the same S/N for the engine and machine. Number would most likely be something like 33A1345, that just the format two digits, one letter, followed by four digits. If you see a spot that looks like a tage about one inch by two had been held on with two pins the S/N should be stamped in the frame near there. Best bet for filters might be a Cat dealer, not the cheapest but they might have them on the shelf. If I was going to be shipping it out with new filters I'd also be sure to order any orings and gaskets needed to change the filters. For it's age it is a nice looking machine! Okay here's another option: http://www.wixfilters.com/Lookup/Applications.aspx?Section=4 Just use the drop down boxes to select the various things and in the loaders section they do list 966A S/N 33A****. I'd still try going through a dealer to get the orings and gaskets as they probably won't come with the filters