I’ve got an ECR88 and need to pull the swing motor. What’s the correct procedure? Where do you start the removal — from the top under the cab, or from underneath? Which parts do I need to remove to access it properly (cab lift, panels, slew ring cover, etc.)? Any tips to avoid headaches? Things like trapped pressure, hoses that are tight to reach, or bolts that usually seize? Thanks in advance
Look out for shop / service manual
Yep, gotta lift whole cab off frame w/floor...only, no slew ring. Problem is garage with enough height to clear lifting. I had my 2012 ecr58 done last summer. Basically, the motor is located in the left, rear corner of machine while facing front. Once ya clear the cab its right there looking at ya...no high pressures to deal with. gotta have patience and time though. Pics / diagram .. . Volvo Prosis parts catalog
Do you think it’s possible to replace the swing motor from my 2005 Volvo ECR88 with the swing motor from a 2018 ECR88D?
? : (