Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking for info on a 80s 580 case supper E

Ehall13 · 2023-06-28 16:35

The S/N is 9874548. We purchased it and before we order the manual I was hopeful to find out the year. And if any one knows any tips. I’m used to tractors a little newer but excited to clean up and use a tractor that doesn’t have much of any technology. Thank you for input.

Replies3
  1. #1alrman2023-06-28 22:44

    Welcome to HEF @Ehall13 Great old hoe! They were years ahead of anything being sold of that era. That serial number places it between 1984/85

  2. #2Ehall132023-06-30 17:11

    Thank you for the info. Everything is still pretty tight for the age. Not sure if you know or not if been trying to find out if they had a fan shrouded on them. Being in AZ I want to keep that Cummins nice and cool. Thank you for responding.

  3. #3Tinkerer2023-07-01 14:40

    Welcome to HEF, Ehall ! Yea they have a fan shroud. The foam inserts #4&5 are very important to keep it cool. Parts Book Link -----> Parts Book