Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking for Kubota KX057 owner experience

Tags ยท 2016-10-19 19:30

I currently own a Kubota 161-3, not a super series, so no angle blade or "inteli panel". It has been a great machine. I am thinking about purchasing a new KX057 with the 161 coupler so I can keep all my buckets. Im looking for opinions from Owner/operators about what they like or don't and if they are overall happy with the machine...thanks in advance!

Replies5
  1. #1Tags2016-10-26 07:24

    Well I guess it's not very popular or there aren't any problems with them, other than the 2 guys that posted problems a couple of years ago....

  2. #2lumberjack2016-10-26 08:08

    I have one, 770 trouble free hours on it. Mine has a cab, ac, radio, angle blade, dual aux hydraulics. Typing that, I did think of one complaint, the thumb sucks for most things, but it works. I did drop a log into the cab, which KTAC will be replacing. You can get the 161 thumb on it now, which takes care of that problem.

  3. #3kthompson2016-10-26 19:27

    It seems dropping a log into the cab would be easy to remember unless it causes memory issues! I am sure I would want to forget it. Just kidding with you. Based upon what you said there would say no injury to you just the machine so that does sit different in memory. Glad the machine took the hit.

  4. #4Tags2016-10-26 19:35

    Thanks for the reply, glad to hear you're happy with the machine. Funny you say that about the thumb, I tried a friends 057 and HATED the thumb, it pinches more than grabs and seems like it has a tendency to let things slide out between the bucket and thumb, hope the log didn't get you too. They did quote me a price with a 161 coupler and thumb.

  5. #5lumberjack2016-10-26 22:04

    Autocorrect got me... I dropped the log ONTO the cab.... it bounced off the corner post where the door closes. It actually happened on two different jobs inside the same month or two... both logs hit the same place both times. The thumb is good for breaking concrete on the rare occasion that's required at a level it can do. I remember one job breaking up some curbing to get the rebar out for disposal. This winter I may modify the thumb to be more advantageous.