The information I am looking for from this thread will be, can anyone tell me if there were a lot of differences between a (1957) bantam T-35 and a (1954) bantam c-350. Both are truck mounted and look very much alike, right down to the GMC truck carrier. The reason I am asking is that I would like to purchase the c-350 and add some upgrades to my T-35 that the 350 seems to have. I have purchase parts and service manuals on-line for the c-350, none as yet for the t-35 that the persons selling them on-line seem to want to ship to Canada. Any info will be a help. This is my first thread so bear with me. Thanks in advance! Trackpin
I own a c-350 lattice boom {crawler** with the Continental engine and have some manuals around the house somewhere. My understanding was c-350 was for crawler and t-350 was for truck mounted. I also have a T-350 hoe{GMC 6x6 carrier**in my junk yard. Let me know if I can help.
thanks for the info captain Nemo what I have found out after posting is that the winch gear cover was taken off a crawler crane and add to the 350.I pretty sure it is a 350 with the front mounted guages up overhead of the front window, and the drum clutch control levers pull back to lock the clutches in.My t-35 lock the clutches in by pushing the control lever ahead,will have to look a little closer to how they are mounted to the floor in the house,someone may have reworked them to suit a former operators preferance.In my humble opinion I would rather pull back when using my clam
Finally after 5 months Well folks,after almost 6 months,I was able to take my T-35 out for a test drive.All systems working and the newly rebuilt 302 gmc was working fine.Under the truck, minus one front brake flex line.but we will get that fixed up later.It was nice to see that old unit pulling its own weight.This truck had not moved on its own since 2002. Just to update the original question,I did also purchase the c-350 on the truck frame for extra parts.Already used the starter off the 261 chev powering the truck section,that had been installed in it by a former owner.Always good to have parts.Would like to post some pics of the unit.will try to get them on later.
t350 truck crane i just found this site i have a t350 with gmc 302 down 6cyl Continental up ware to find a carb rebuild kit for 302
This site should be able to help: http://www.carbkitsource.com/carbs/catalog/GMCTruck/
Hi mike the website that kenh sent you to is a good site .It's where I picked up my kit for the holley carb on my 302,these guys are up here in Canada. They shipped ,the one I purchased out quickly. Wouldn't hesitate to deal with them again.Just passing along what worked for me.
1957 bantam t35 i need lower window frame for the crane cab 1957 6x6 gmc
trying to find what the 3 shift handles do in cab of carrier do id plate says model 300 1957 schield bantam
In the truck cab? Probably the long one is the main tranny. Two short ones are front axle and low range. Usually cannot engage low range without selecting front axle first.
Hi again Mike. The long lever is the transmission, one of the short ones is in and out of 4 wheel drive and the other short one is high and low range.
Just Google "guarantee carberator" located in Florida. They can either send you one that's already built or you send yours to them and they rebuild it. It comes back, looks brand new and guaranteed.
thanks trying right now Mike