Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

looking for new excavator with tiltrotator rotortilt package.

planetshapers ยท 2009-08-13 20:54

hey. i am looking for an excavator in the cat 305 size class. what brand is best. it will be the atlanta georgia area. i also want a steel wrist, or rototilt, or engcon, package. what type of system is best in the USA for an excavator? price? options? does dealer install? info? i am most familiar with cat, kubota, takeuchi mini excavators. i have mostly always had bigger machines like a cat 320, 325, komatsu pc 200. prices? good used or new ideas? thanks!

Replies10
  1. #1Sweden2009-10-11 06:41

    Hi As i have had engcon and pretty much trouble free, for many years i would advice yo to go for a new engcon.Just make sure that you go for the fully proportional system with the rollers on the joy sticks! I understand that engcon are being more active over in north America at the momen. You should be able to find out more from there web site.but sureley they fit units all over the world and they have done it all on our machines in a proffesional way. Through dealers though.

  2. #2DigProInc.com2009-10-19 11:58

    digproinc.com I would suggest you look into engcon for your Cat_305. I'm a N. American dealer for engcon, why dont you check out my website and let me further assist you. You can give me a call or send me an email, www.digproinc.com

  3. #3gabelmatt2009-10-19 17:55

    Do u sell anything to Canada, or know of any dealers in Canada??

  4. #4DigProInc.com2009-10-19 17:57

    We Deal in all of N. America, including Canada. Visit our site.

  5. #5mxridernrth2009-11-01 02:05

    I've never seen the Engcon units in operation so I cannot confirm their quality. I have seen the Helac power tilts in action and they are pretty bullet proof. They are used on all the Menzi and Kaiser spider hoes and plenty of other machines in Europe.

  6. #6ZX3302009-12-18 15:01

    engcon VS competition The engcon tiltrotators are solid, reliable, dependable machines. We recently saw one at a demo put on by a dealer. Check out the video link, you'll be just as amazed as we were. http://www.youtube.com/user/DigProUSA http://s760.photobucket.com/albums/xx247/ZX330/TLC/?albumview=slideshow

  7. #7mxridernrth2009-12-18 17:13

    Okay that guy was just showing off. The more I look at these full rotation tilt setups the more I like them. I'm in the latter stages of getting my financing in order to purchase a spider excavator (like Brian Haye's). It comes with a Helac powertilt - no rotation but tilt. I'm buying a roto-grapple as well for rock work, etc, but in the future I'd like to try one of the setups like the HKS or NOX. I like the durability and range of motion in the helical actuator. This not to slight the Engcon unit. I'm sure that it is reliable and durable as well. btw the slideshow link doesn't work but it does if you strip off the "?albumview=slideshow". At least for me anyway

  8. #8stuvecorp2009-12-18 22:08

    I do like the rototilt's. How spendy are they for a Tak 153 size machine?

  9. #9bucket buster2010-01-11 23:19

    helac I have a helac unit. I took it off a 580 case backhoe I recently purchased. grady 256-310-1665 or [email protected]

  10. #10caterpillar722010-01-20 02:27

    my dad bought a new John Deere 60D mini ex with a tilt wrist on the end and manual quick coupler for 101,000 looks weak next to a cat 308D SB but is more powerful than it looks ill try to get some photos of the mini this week