Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

looking for oil pressure sending unit

rickwey ยท 2019-10-17 21:33

have a 1980 case 580C have look hell and high water on mine and don't see it no where or the place where it suppose to be there not even a hold in that location and body got any clues

Replies27
  1. #1nova4812019-10-17 21:56

    Hi Go to this site, it looks like it's number 32 https://partstore.casece.com/us/Gro...eehold/parts-search.html#epc::mr49912ar444543

  2. #2rickwey2019-10-17 23:33

    ive seen it on the part manual but I can't find it on my backhoe no where lol where that hole is suppose to be there is no hole there

  3. #3rickwey2019-10-17 23:35

    was hoping someone with a 1980 580C could take a pics of theirs and maybe that would help

  4. #4petepilot2019-10-18 00:02

    make sure you have an electronic gauge 1980 could still have a hose direct to the gauge

  5. #5rickwey2019-10-18 00:11

    how would I be able to tell i'm new to case machine and I just bought this one and doing all the repairs myself as best I can

  6. #6petepilot2019-10-18 00:18

    un bolt the dash panel lift it out enough to see whether theres a wire or rubber hose connected to to the op gauge-or see if there is a hose running from somewhere close to the oil filter-cooler back to the cab

  7. #7rickwey2019-10-18 00:34

    ok thanks there a wire coming out of mine my gauge has one of those printed circuit boards with one of those double side plugs and a cable like a speedometer

  8. #8petepilot2019-10-18 00:39

    alright there has to be a sending unit somewhere figure out the cam side of the block it will be in the oil galley- left side i think

  9. #9rickwey2019-10-18 02:05
  10. #10rickwey2019-10-18 02:06

    that what my dash looks like

  11. #11kshansen2019-10-18 10:53

    Did you look on the left side of the engine (left being as you are sitting in the drivers seat) ? It is not real clear in the parts page shown above but does look like it is shown in a dashed line drawing indicating it is on the opposite side of the block from the view shown.

  12. #12rickwey2019-10-18 11:21

    hey thanks guys I really do thank you for all your help i'm going out to look again i'll let you know if I find it this site is the best

  13. #13chas3572019-10-18 15:38

    I have a late 70's 580c, ops is located on drivers side of engine just below fuel filter hope this helps

  14. #14kshansen2019-10-18 19:26

    Would the drivers side be the left side? Remember this is a very international forum and in some countries the drivers side would be on the right! And to not get too fussy on most tractor the "driver" sits centered behind the engine, well except for my Farmall BN!

  15. #15rickwey2019-10-18 19:51

    I think I found it looks like they took it out and put a plug in it

  16. #16rickwey2019-10-18 19:52

    it something under the fuel filter that look like that where it goes

  17. #17rickwey2019-10-18 19:53

    i'll take a pic tomorrow and post it

  18. #18Tinkerer2019-10-18 21:17

    Take the plug out and screw a cheap pressure gauge in the hole. Of course look for oil to drip out when you take the plug out.

  19. #19kshansen2019-10-19 10:20

    Is there by chance a wire hanging in that area not hooked to anything?

  20. #20rickwey2019-10-19 20:16

    yes that what made me look there and that when I found that screw

  21. #21rickwey2019-10-19 20:17

    didn't get the pic today guys sorry but will get it tomorrow

  22. #22Ronsii2019-10-19 21:28

    Or the oil should squirt out if the engine is running when you remove it

  23. #23kshansen2019-10-20 09:44

    You pull the plug and I'll bump the starter!

  24. #24Ronsii2019-10-20 11:10

    heh heh

  25. #25rickwey2019-10-20 12:49

    lol oh nooooooooo lmao

  26. #26kshansen2019-10-20 17:51

    Yep looks like it has good pressure! Want me to shut it off now?

  27. #27petepilot2019-10-20 18:05

    looks like something red addair would have been into