Hello everyone, I am in search of pictures, old brochures, old sales catalogs, anything that shows a rock grizzly/screen, for a developmental history project. Almost everyone in the industry has used them at one time or another. I am most interested in provible 1970's 1980's and 1990's vintage. I would greatly appreciate any help with this project. Thank you, Dale
Hey, I usually get all my history projects done at www.do-my-term-paper.net/term-papers-writers . You may try asking them for help. They have a team of professional writers, so I am sure you will find it)
Mine is homemade, only 15 years old. Mostly a weekend warrior, I use it often. Native soil here is river debris. Stone ranges from 8' diameter to sand. The biggest boulders are picked with a backhoe, then the "screen" takes it down to 5". I've seen them built with a second screen placed between the bars. The second screen sits over the first, and has a bump rail. You fill your loader bucket with screened material, and bump the drop over screen lifting it slightly allowing stuck rocks, sod, or roots to fall through. They are simple, and less costly than a screen machine that costs $50,000 used, and costs a fortune to repair when worn. There is one 50 miles from me homemade with an upgrade. A second screen is below the first. Finer, it oscillates using a small engine, gearbox, and pitman arm. If I recall, the screen hangs from short chains enabling it to move with the pitman arm. This pit has a few abandoned cable shovels the oldest, or maybe the most primitive being an Austin Western Badger 3/4 swing tracked machine powered by a W6 IH farm tractor without steering gear, tires, or any of the unneeded items. The tractor sits backward. The machine looks to be machine shop built.
Thank you Willie B. I would love to see some pictures of your screen.