hey out there just wondering anybody's opinions on these machines like arm strength. problems with machines. how they compare to a cat 289c(which is what i have rite know). anybody ever twisted the lift arm? as we do tend to over work the machine often. anyway just looking for opinions. please no bias one way or the other just looking for opinions. thnx
I believe you can buy additional warranty for the arm if your concerned about it not holding up.
A FRIEND of mine is looking @ new skid steers track and tire machines and the local volvo man said he wouldn't give him a price on new ones because of so many problems. I have seen some on job sites lately that have a lot of blowed hose problems
I do believe the one armed Volvo skid steer is actually made for them by JCB.
Yes the jcb is the same machine as the Volvo just looking at Volvo because we already deal with Volvo with other machines. Any other opinions out there?
I think the JCB/Volvo SSL/CTLs are in a class by themselves, because of their spacious, side-entry cab. Their new-generation (2012 & newer) machines are much improved, but could still use some refinements. Check out this thread: JCB/Volvo already has a 2-yr warranty on the entire machine, & I thought they were also touting a lifetime warranty on the boom. I believe JCB has now gone to line-boring the booms on all the machines, not just the large frame ones, to avoid some of the earlier boom alignment issues.
it should be a good machine. you don't have to worry about the boom.
It wouldn`t be the boom I would be concerned with. It`s the rest of the machine that`s a big PO----you know what !!!!!
Any body else have any opinions or things to Look for as haven't made the purchase yet machine still not at dealer yet
there is no denying j c b had a few issues upon the release of their new machine, more so on the small frame than the large one. i talked to the local mechanic at the local dealer and he said they haven't had any big problems with the 40 or 50 large frame machines they sold in the last few years. so far in 500 hours our new small frame j c b hasn't had a single break down.
No other opinions?
http://youtu.be/ukzHgnZJfYw Interesting how the loader rubs on the track on such an early hour machine.
Has that machine in the video ever been greased? It seem like a lot of slop for normal wear, but its hard to believe that would come from the factory like that...
That's an almost new machine. Couple hundred hours at most.