Hey guys, first off let me say I am not sure if this is in the right section of the forums, so if it isn't please move it! Thanks! What I am looking for is reconstruction pics and/or info of Route 19 through West Virginia. Back about 15-20 +/- years ago my family used to drive to Florida as our annual family vacation. I can recall that this project went on for quite a few years, I was a youngin' back then (8-13 years old to be exact). MY dad would always wake me to show me the massive machines being used and needless to say I was in awe. I can recall front shovels, large dumps (probably CAT 777's or larger?), blasting etc.. Does anyone have pics or info on this job? I would love to relive this, I just drove thru there yesterday and it's all just a memory now. Also, does anyone know who the GC was? They had to make quite a huge buck on this job. Thanks in advance. Tom
I don't know who the GC was, but I too remember going thru there before during and after it was done. Much better after it was completed. We are in heavy earth moving in the Pittsburgh area, and I remember my grandfather commenting someone was killed when I think a D10 went over a rock face, that would have been 1995ish?
Pittsbugh area? My sister-in-law lives in Oakland. Are you on any jobs now? I just came back through the area Friday night, did see what looked like to be a Hitachi 1200 off I-79 right around Washington area. It was the only piece there. anybody else...?